Spring is finally here, and here is a wonderful, fresh-tasting Spring salad to celebrate. The best part of this salad is the subtle flavor of the mustard-tarragon dressing. Make a little extra dressing, store it in your refrigerator, and you can use it as a healthy addition to virtually any salad.
Packed full of healthy nutrients and low in carbohydrates, this recipe uses only ingredients that are safe for a Candida diet. It’s a perfect dish to eat during the cleanse and the early phases of the diet. You can eat it alone as a salad, or pair it with some wild salmon or grilled steak.
- 12 spears asparagus
- 3 cups spring greens
- 2 radishes
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds, shelled
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 Tbsp. shallot, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh tarragon, finely minced (or 1 tsp. dry tarragon)
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- With a vegetable peeler, peel asparagus stalks below the leaves, then cut stalks diagonally into 2 inch pieces.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add asparagus pieces, a good pinch of salt and water to just cover. Simmer asparagus until fork tender, remove to a plate, cool.
- To prepare the dressing, put all the dressing ingredients into a jar, put a lid on the jar and shake well. You can refrigerate the unused portion.
- To finish the salad, first put some Mustard Tarragon Dressing into a salad bowl. Next, add asparagus pieces, spring greens and thinly sliced radishes. Toss salad to dress thoroughly. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, serve.
Looking for more gluten-free, sugar-free recipes? My Ultimate Candida Diet program contains more than 50 delicious recipes, plus lots of valuable advice on which foods to eat and avoid. Find out more here.