These delicious Spanish-inspired cucumber rolls are like a little taste of spring. They make for a great afternoon snack, or you can use them as a healthy appetizer to impress your dinner guests! Best of all, they are full of natural ingredients and flavors that are great for your health.
Ingredients like garlic, red pepper, and almonds can be used raw in this recipe, but roasting and toasting them tends to give a richer flavor. Also, remember to use saffron sparingly! If too much is used, it can easily overpower the other flavors in the filling.
- 1 medium cucumber
- ¼ cup Greek-style probiotic yogurt
- 1 clove roasted garlic, mashed
- 2 Tbsp. roasted red pepper, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp. black olives (packed in water), finely diced
- 2 Tbsp. sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, finely minced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- A tiny pinch of saffron
- Pepper to taste
- Fresh chive stems for tying rolls
- Using a mandoline, slice the cucumber lengthwise into long, thin strips. Lay the strips on paper toweling to absorb excess moisture, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add yogurt, garlic, red pepper, black olives, almonds, parsley, salt, and saffron, then stir to combine. Season with pepper to taste.
- To make rolls, place a rounded teaspoonful of the filling on one end of each cucumber strip, then gently roll and tie in place with fresh chive stems.
- Chill, and serve.
Looking for more gluten-free, sugar-free recipes? My Ultimate Candida Diet program contains more than 50 delicious recipes, plus lots of valuable advice on which foods to eat and avoid. Find out more here.