This tasty stuffed peppers recipe uses lots of herbs and spices to create a really full flavor. Millet is on the YES list of foods to eat on the Candida diet, but you should consider only eating it in smaller amounts until you reach the later stages, as it can be mildly aggravating to those with particularly sensitive guts.
Also note that this recipe contains minced beef. Beef is on the MAYBE list, along with other red meats, because it is difficult to digestive and can tend to increase the pH in your gut. Again, small amounts are usually OK for most people, but be conscious of how you feel after you eat it and look out for any increased symptoms. You can also leave out the beef and add another egg to balance out the protein content.
You can serve these stuffed peppers by themselves or with a little plain, probiotic yogurt. Also remember that you can spice it up or add as many herbs as you wish. One of the best meal-planning tips on the Candida diet is to use lots of herbs and spices to bring out the flavor in all that delicious, fresh food.
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 1/2 lb. minced beef
- 1/5 cup of uncooked millet
- 2 red bell peppers, halved length-wise
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 chili, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Cook the millet as directed.
- Cook the onions, garlic, chilies and tomato with 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan for 3 minutes.
- Add the meat to the pan and cook until no longer pink.
- Now mix together all the ingredients except for the red peppers. Pack the mixture into the red pepper halves.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, or until peppers are tender.
Beat your candida in 60 days with this detailed 5-step program
If you're looking for a more comprehensive Candida treatment plan, check out the Ultimate Candida Diet program, written by Lisa Richards and Dr Eric Wood. This plan is based on the latest research into Candida Related Complex, and contains everything you need to know to beat your Candida overgrowth.