Just because you are avoiding sugary and processed foods, doesn’t mean that your diet has to be boring. Here is a delicious chicken fajita bowl with homemade seasoning and avocado crema. This recipe has lots of Candida-safe ingredients, but it’s very easy to throw everything together. Perfect for when you need a filling, tasty meal!
I have included a tasty recipe for Fajita seasoning which you can use in other recipes too. In fact, I would recommend making larger amounts of this seasoning and storing it for future meals. All of the ingredients are dry, so it will keep for months if you store it in a jar and leave it in your pantry.
The main fajita bowl recipe is at the top. I have added the ingredients and directions for the seasoning and the avocado crema below. As always, its a far healthier choice to make your seasonings and dressings at home. Check out our recipes section for more low sugar recipe ideas. Let me know what you think!
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1-2 Tbsp. Fajita Seasoning (see below)
- 1 red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 onion, halved and cut into ½ inch slices
- 1 large clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. coconut aminos
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Coconut aminos or avocado crema (see below)
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add a tablespoon of oil, such as olive or coconut.
- Sauté peppers and onion until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, sauté for 1 minute more. Sprinkle with coconut aminos, season with salt and pepper to taste, toss to combine. Transfer pepper and onion mixture onto a plate, set aside.
- Toss chicken breasts in Fajita Seasoning. Add another tablespoon of oil to the skillet and cook chicken breasts until juices run clear and meat is no longer pink in the middle. Remove from skillet, thinly slice chicken breasts crosswise.
- To assemble, fill a large bowl with mixed greens. Arrange sliced chicken breasts, pepper and onion mixture, quinoa and avocado slices on top of greens. Garnish bowl with thinly sliced green onions and finely chopped cilantro. Serve with a splash of coconut aminos or Avocado Crema.
- Combine all ingredients in jar.
- Put lid on jar, shake well until mixed.
- Combine avocado, cilantro and lemon juice in a blender, puree until smooth.
- Add water to thin. Season to taste with salt.
Bowls like this are easy to prepare and good weeknight options for your Candida diet. Our Ultimate Candida Diet program is packed full of gluten-free, sugar-free recipes like this. It contains more than 100 recipes in total, and they’re all perfect for the Candida diet. Find out more here.
Beat your candida in 60 days with this detailed 5-step program
If you're looking for a more comprehensive Candida treatment plan, check out the Ultimate Candida Diet program, written by Lisa Richards and Dr Eric Wood. This plan is based on the latest research into Candida Related Complex, and contains everything you need to know to beat your Candida overgrowth.