Buffalo Turkey Meatballs
Everyone loves buffalo wings and everyone loves meatballs, so why not combine the two?
You can create layers of flavor in this simple Buffalo wing inspired dish. These baked Buffalo Turkey Meatballs are light in texture but bold in flavor with a perfect blend of warming spices. They are then tossed in a smokey, piquant sauce for that rich, tangy finish.
So easy and so delicious, these meatballs bake in less than 15 minutes and are perfect for a light meal or as an appetizer when entertaining guests. A platter of meatballs is always a crowd pleaser. Create a nice presentation with sliced vegetables and ranch dressing.
Buffalo Turkey Meatballs can be made ahead and frozen until you need them. All you have to do is reheat the meatballs and toss them in the sauce just before serving. Watch them disappear!
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. paprika, smoked variety recommended
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Pinch of cayenne
- Thinly sliced scallions for garnish
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. paprika, smoked variety recommended
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Pinch of cayenne
- 3 to 4 Tbsp. hot water
- 1/4 cup plain kefir
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. finely minced chives
- 2 tsp. finely minced parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl, add ground turkey, egg yolk, finely chopped onion, coconut flour, paprika, salt, pepper and a pinch of cayenne. With your hands, mix until well combined. Divide mixture into 18 portions and shape into balls. Place meatballs on prepared baking sheet, about an inch apart and bake for 15 minutes.
- While meatballs are baking, make the sauce. In another large bowl, add apple cider vinegar, paprika, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, a pinch of cayenne and 3 tablespoons of hot water, whisk to combine. If sauce is too thick, add additional tablespoons of hot water one at a time to reach desired consistency.
- Remove meatballs from oven and add to the bowl of sauce, toss gently to coat. Serve meatballs garnished with thinly sliced scallions and Ranch Dressing on the side.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, whisk to combine, serve. Store unused dressing in a covered container in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
These buffalo turkey meatballs make for a tasty pre-game snack, an unconventional holiday meal, or just a tasty dinner! You can find more than 100 low-carb, gluten-free recipes just like this in our Ultimate Candida Diet program, which I created with Dr Eric Wood.
3-Month Candida Elimination Kit Start Your 3-month Candida Cleanse
This Candida Kit contains all the supplements recommended on the Candida Diet:
- LIVER ONE to process and remove the toxins created by Candida.
- CANDASSIST to inhibit and weaken the Candida colonies in your gut.
- PROBIOTIC to replace the Candida yeast with probiotic bacteria.
Plus... the CANDIDA DIET RECIPE BOOK with 50+ low-sugar recipes
This recipe was really great! I ended up having to put more hot water to the sauce, which was no big deal. One thing I think should be noted that the safe internal temperature for poultry (chicken and turkey) is 165 degrees Fahrenheit. I made sure my meat balls got up to that temp just to be on the safe side. I would definitely make this recipe again! Super yummy!