Blueberry Panna Cotta is one of the easiest desserts you can make.
In Italian panna cotta means “cooked cream”. There are many variations of the recipe, but it is basically made by simmering cream, milk and sugar, mixing in gelatin and then chilling the mixture until set.
In our version, almond milk is thickened with agar agar powder instead of gelatin. This is a form of odorless, tasteless, dehydrated red algae, which gives structure to the almond milk and the blueberry topping.
When using agar agar powder, a little goes a long way. Measure it carefully and use exactly the amount required.
Anna cotta is generally best when made and eaten on the same the day. You might prepare it in the morning, give it some time to set, and then eat it in the evening for dessert. However preparing your panna cotta a day in advance is also OK.
In this recipe we used almond milk, but feel free to experiment with other plant based milks, such as coconut, flax or hazelnut. So many possibilities to enjoy!
This recipe is vegetarian and vegan friendly.
- 3 cups unsweetened plant based milk, such as almond or coconut
- 1/2 tsp. powdered stevia
- 1 tsp. agar agar powder
- 1/2 tsp. alcohol free vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp. powdered stevia
- 1/2 tsp. agar agar powder
- Fresh blueberries
- Fresh mint leaves
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the unsweetened plant based milk, stevia, agar agar powder and alcohol free vanilla extract.
- Bring the milk mixture to a boil, stirring frequently, and immediately remove it from the heat.
- Pour equal amounts of the milk mixture into ramekins or small serving glasses.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 2 to 4 hours.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the frozen blueberries, water, stevia and agar agar powder.
- Bring the blueberry mixture to a boil, stirring frequently, and immediately remove it from the heat.
- Cool for 10 to 15 minutes, then spoon equal amounts of the blueberry mixture on top of the chilled panna cottas.
- Chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- Garnish with fresh blueberries and mint, serve.
3-Month Candida Elimination Kit Start Your 3-month Candida Cleanse
This Candida Kit contains all the supplements recommended on the Candida Diet:
- LIVER ONE to process and remove the toxins created by Candida.
- CANDASSIST to inhibit and weaken the Candida colonies in your gut.
- PROBIOTIC to replace the Candida yeast with probiotic bacteria.
Plus... the CANDIDA DIET RECIPE BOOK with 50+ low-sugar recipes