Asian Chicken and Cabbage Salad
This retro, Asian-inspired salad gets a healthy makeover with the addition of crispy fried shallots instead of noodles. It’s a brilliant way to use leftover chicken or turkey, and it contains a number of ingredients to improve your digestion and gut health.
This salad contains antifungal foods like shallot, onion, and garlic. It incorporates healthy fats like olive oil, a good dose of protein from the chicken or turkey, and very few carbohydrates. The dressing is lightly sweetened with stevia, but this is optional.
This dish is so easy to prepare too. Just toss everything together with the delicious dressing, and top with crunchy fried shallots for a terrific looking salad. This Asian Chicken and Cabbage Salad is a great option for lunch or dinner and can be easily doubled for pot lucks, picnics, and outdoor barbecues.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. powdered ginger
- 1/4 tsp. powdered stevia
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large shallot
- Light oil such as olive or avocado
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- To make the dressing, add olive oil, sesame oil, apple cider vinegar, coconut aminos, garlic powder, onion powder, powdered ginger, powdered stevia, salt and pepper to taste into a small bowl. Whisk to combine, set dressing aside.
- To prepare fried shallots, slice shallot into thin rings. Place rings into a pan with an inch of light oil such as olive or avocado. Heat oil over high heat and wait for shallot rings to begin bubble. Lower heat to medium and wait for bubbles to subside and rings to turn golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer fried shallots to a plate lined with paper towel and cool completely, set aside.
- To make the salad, add cooked shredded chicken, shredded green cabbage, shredded purple cabbage, broccoli florets, sliced green onions, sliced almonds, cilantro leaves and sesame seeds in a large bowl, toss lightly. Pour dressing over salad, toss lightly to combine. Garnish salad with fried shallots, serve immediately.
Fried shallots can be prepared ahead and stored in an air tight container until ready to use.
This nutritious salad is full of healthy goodness to improve your gut health and boost your immunity. Our Ultimate Candida Diet program contains more than 100 gluten-free, sugar-free recipes just like this, plus lots of valuable advice on symptoms, treatment options, and more. Find out more here.
3-Month Candida Elimination Kit Start Your 3-month Candida Cleanse
This Candida Kit contains all the supplements recommended on the Candida Diet:
- LIVER ONE to process and remove the toxins created by Candida.
- CANDASSIST to inhibit and weaken the Candida colonies in your gut.
- PROBIOTIC to replace the Candida yeast with probiotic bacteria.
Plus... the CANDIDA DIET RECIPE BOOK with 50+ low-sugar recipes
This looks so yummy! I’m going to make this tonight.
You made me very hungry! LOL
Thank you for the article, you are an inspiration for us all!
This was incredible! The dressing was so good. 🙂