Here’s a perfect salad for the warmer weather. A bowl of leafy greens and a vinaigrette is nutritious and so simple to make. And when tomatoes are in season, this recipe is a winner.
This salad is especially delicious when tomatoes are at the peak of their season during the summer months. Find a generous selection of tomatoes at your local farmer’s market or try your hand at growing your own.
Growing your own tomatoes is simple and just few plants will reward you with plenty of tasty tomatoes. If you don’t have the space to grow our own, you probably have enough patio or balcony space to grow cherry tomatoes. Half the size of a regular tomato but with twice the taste, they’re sweet and delicious when they ripen on the vine. There are many types of cherry tomatoes to choose from, red, orange, yellow and even black.
As a non-starchy vegetable, tomatoes are OK on all stages of the Candida diet. You can also store the tomato vinaigrette from this recipe and use it on other salads.
- 3 to 4 fresh cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup oil, such as olive or avocado
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 cucumber, sliced into rounds
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado peeled, seeded, sliced
To make the vinaigrette, add the chopped cherry tomatoes, oil, apple cider vinegar, coconut aminos, minced garlic and dried oregano into a blender (or a bowl with an immersion blender). Process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Store the vinaigrette in a container with a tight fitting lid at room temperature, to let the flavors develop.
- To make the salad, add the arugula, sliced cucumber rounds and cherry tomato halves into a large salad bowl, toss to combine. Drizzle the salad with the tomato vinaigrette and garnish with the avocado slices. Serve immediately.
- Store the remaining vinaigrette for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. Shake well before serving.
3-Month Candida Elimination Kit Start Your 3-month Candida Cleanse
This Candida Kit contains all the supplements recommended on the Candida Diet:
- LIVER ONE to process and remove the toxins created by Candida.
- CANDASSIST to inhibit and weaken the Candida colonies in your gut.
- PROBIOTIC to replace the Candida yeast with probiotic bacteria.
Plus... the CANDIDA DIET RECIPE BOOK with 50+ low-sugar recipes