Having a homemade dip and a snack ready assortment of raw or cooked vegetables in the refrigerator is one way to create smart snacking habits.
This artichoke hummus is smooth, creamy, and has that slightly smokey artichoke taste. Served with your favorite crudités, it should be enough to satisfy your food cravings.
All of the ingredients are safe for a low-carb, anti-inflammatory diet like the Candida diet. Artichokes are also one of the best vegetables for naturally supporting good liver function, which is particularly important important if you have an intestinal yeast overgrowth.
Several of the ingredients even have antifungal properties that can improve your gut health and help to reverse a Candida overgrowth. These include the olive oil, garlic, and tahini.
Quick to prepare, this is also one of the easiest appetizers you can serve. Once your guests taste it and hear how healthy it is, it will disappear in no time. Bring a bowl along to your next potluck or picnic!
- 1 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, packed in water, drained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon for garnish
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs such as oregano and parsley, minced
- In the bowl of a food processor, add drained artichoke hearts and minced garlic, process until roughly chopped.
- Add 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, fresh lemon juice, tahini and ground cumin, process until mixture is smooth.
- Season hummus with salt and pepper to taste.
- Before serving, drizzle with 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and garnish with finely minced fresh herbs, such as oregano and parsley.
Healthy foods like this are an excellent option for a light snack on the Candida diet. Our Ultimate Candida Diet program is packed full of gluten-free, sugar-free recipes like this. It contains more than 100 recipes in total, and they’re all perfect for the Candida diet. Find out more here.
Beat your candida in 60 days with this detailed 5-step program
If you're looking for a more comprehensive Candida treatment plan, check out the Ultimate Candida Diet program, written by Lisa Richards and Dr Eric Wood. This plan is based on the latest research into Candida Related Complex, and contains everything you need to know to beat your Candida overgrowth.