This mindful veggie bowl is not just a tasty, filling meal. Its also a great way to repurpose any leftover vegetables you may have in your fridge! Eating nutrient-rich meals full of healthy vegetables provides an immediate boost for your immune system, digestion and more.
I have chosen a few vegetables that work well together, but there are thousands of combinations that would work. With the delicious Seasoning Mix that I have included in the recipe, more or less any combination of veggies will taste great. You can also add some protein, or try our delicious chicken fajita bowl.
- 4 cups fresh vegetables, such as cauliflower, broccoli, celery, zucchini
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. oil, such as olive or coconut
- 1 tsp. Seasoning Mix (see below)
- 1 leaf Swiss chard, sliced into ribbons
- 2 Tbsp. sliced almonds
- Olive or coconut oil
- Coconut aminos or lemon juice
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- ¼ tsp. cayenne
- 1/8 tsp. curry powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Place vegetables directly on a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with Seasoning Mix. Roast 10 to 15 minutes, until vegetables begin to brown.
- In a large bowl, add roasted vegetables, Swiss chard ribbons and sliced almonds, toss to combine.
- Serve in deep bowls, drizzle with a bit of oil, a dash of coconut aminos or lemon juice and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Combine all ingredients in a jar, put lid on jar and shake well until mixed.
Looking for more gluten-free, sugar-free recipes? My Ultimate Candida Diet program contains more than 50 delicious recipes, plus lots of valuable advice on which foods to eat and avoid. Find out more here.