This coconut smoothie is really simple to make and super-nutritious. The base of the smoothie is coconut milk (from the can). In addition to providing lots of really healthy fats, coconut milk has natural antifungal properties and can help to maintain healthy gut flora.
This tasty smoothie also provides you with a hit of protein, healthy fats, antioxidants, and omega 3s from the addition of almond butter and chia seeds. Coconut extract as well as coconut flakes give this smoothie that extra coconut flavor boost. Great for breakfast or as a satisfying snack between meals!
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (canned)
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk ice cubes (about 4 cubes)
- 2 Tbsp. almond butter
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. alcohol free coconut extract
- 4 drops liquid stevia or ⅛ tsp. powdered stevia
- Flaked coconut
- Place coconut milk, coconut milk ice cubes, almond butter, chia seeds, alcohol free coconut extract and stevia in a blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Serve with flaked coconut garnish.
Looking for more gluten-free, sugar-free recipes? My Ultimate Candida Diet program contains more than 50 delicious recipes, plus lots of valuable advice on which foods to eat and avoid. Find out more here.