Using herbs and spices is so important to flavor your meals once you start removing things like sugar and trans fats. Once you quit added sugar, you’ll start to notice and appreciate so many savory flavors that might previously have been overpowered by the sweet taste. That’s why our Candida recipes tend to contain lots of different herbs, spices, and seasonings.
This delicious lamb curry recipe has a fragrant coconut flavor which is complemented by the chili, cayenne, and curry powder. Foods like the onion, coconut milk, and turmeric also have antifungal properties. I like to serve this with quinoa, a complete source of protein that is gluten-free and has a low glycemic index. I hope you enjoy it, let me know what you think!
- 1 lb. minced lamb
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 chili pepper (seeds removed)
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. turmeric powder
- ½ tsp. curry powder
- Salt to taste
- Chop up the onions, garlic and chili pepper (use your food processor to save time).
- Cook them in a frying pan with the lamb and a tablespoon of coconut oil for 5 minutes.
- Now add all the other ingredients, and simply leave it to simmer for 30 minutes on a low heat.
- Serve with quinoa.
Looking for more gluten-free, sugar-free recipes? My Ultimate Candida Diet program contains more than 50 delicious recipes, plus lots of valuable advice on which foods to eat and avoid. Find out more here.