This simple meal uses just a handful of simple, nutritious ingredients and is very easy to prepare. If you have Candida and are looking to rebalance your gut flora, coconut oil and coconut milk are mild antifungals that can certainly help.
Coconut-based ingredients are rich in healthy fats and calorie-dense, which is ideal if you don’t want to lose weight on the diet. Combined with the chicken, almonds, and some healthy vegetables, they make a filling meal that will provide lots of healthy energy for all the family.
- 1 large chicken breast
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil
- Handful of almonds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop up the almonds in the food processor, then lightly brown them in a pan with coconut oil. Set aside.
- Add the coconut milk and spinach to a pot, then cover on a low heat and simmer.
- Now saute the onions in a pan for 2 minutes. Cut the chicken into squares, add it to the pan and leave until thoroughly cooked.
- Take the chicken and onions, and add them to the pot with the coconut milk and spinach. Stir and cover for 2 more minutes.
- Serve garnished with toasted almonds, salt and pepper.
Looking for more gluten-free, sugar-free recipes? My Ultimate Candida Diet program contains more than 50 delicious recipes, plus lots of valuable advice on which foods to eat and avoid. Find out more here.