Here’s a really simple coleslaw recipe that you can serve alongside your burgers and gluten-free buns, take on summer picnics, or simply enjoy alongside your evening meal. Its a healthier version of your regular coleslaw, but it tastes just as good.
Instead of the typical coleslaw ingredients (white vinegar, sugar, mayo), this recipe uses Candida-safe foods like plain yogurt, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and a little stevia. These combine to create a creamy texture and a refreshing taste that’s just perfect for outdoor dining. Enjoy!
- 2 cups cabbage, a mix of red and green, thinly sliced
- 1 radish, grated
- ½ tsp. celery seed
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 packet (or ½ tsp.) powdered stevia
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine cabbage, radish and celery seed, set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, stevia, salt and pepper.
- Pour yogurt mixture over cabbage mixture, toss to combine.
Looking for more gluten-free, sugar-free recipes? My Ultimate Candida Diet program contains more than 50 delicious recipes, plus lots of valuable advice on which foods to eat and avoid. Find out more here.