Buffalo seasoning isn’t just for wings! Believe it or not, it’s delicious on veggies too, like here on these Buffalo Cauliflower Florets. Our seasoning mix uses smoked paprika for a subtle, smoky flavor and perfect color. A pinch of red pepper flakes adds a touch of heat too.
Apple cider vinegar adds that twang you’ve come to know from bottled buffalo sauces, but it’s healthier here without the preservatives and additives. These Buffalo Cauliflower Florets are a tasty, veggie version of the classic pregame (or any time!) snack.
This is a great example of taking a food that’s not particularly healthy (e.g. buffalo wings) and adding in nutritious substitutions. Enjoy!
- 3 Tbsp. oil, such as olive or coconut, melted
- 1 lb. cauliflower florets
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. paprika, smoked variety recommended
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. finely minced parsley
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup plain kefir
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. finely minced chives
- 2 tsp. finely minced parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Drizzle a rimmed baking sheet with 1 tablespoon oil, set aside.
In a large bowl, add 2 tablespoons oil, apple cider vinegar, paprika, salt, onion powder and garlic powder. Whisk to combine. Add cauliflower florets to bowl and toss to coat thoroughly, about 1 to 2 minutes.
Place well seasoned florets on oiled baking sheet and bake, turning once midway, until florets are tender and nicely browned on edges, about 25 minutes.
Remove from oven and transfer florets to a serving platter. Garnish with thinly sliced celery and scallions, minced parsley and a pinch of red pepper flakes (if using). Drizzle with Ranch Dressing (below), and serve.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, whisk to combine, serve. Store unused dressing in a covered container in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.