If you’re anything like me, then a late weekend brunch is your absolute favorite meal of the week. But what can you do if you’re following a low carb diet like the Candida diet? Well, luckily there are lots of options. Our avocado pancakes and breakfast muffins are super-healthy options, and the baked eggs recipe below is a sure-fire winner too!
Eggs are a great a source of healthy protein and micronutrients. This dish combines them with onions, peppers and tomato, plus a good helping of paprika and parsley for extra flavor. A healthy breakfast recipe and a great way to start your day. Enjoy!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers (thinly sliced)
- 1 large white onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 red chili (finely chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 medium eggs
- Parsley to top
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and cook the onions and peppers, stirring frequently, until soft. About 6-8 minutes.
- Add the smoked paprika, chili, and chopped tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Make 4 indents in the mixture.
- Break the eggs into each of the indents and place under the broiler under a medium heat for approx 5 minutes until the eggs are cooked.
- Top with parsley.
Looking for more gluten-free, sugar-free recipes? My Ultimate Candida Diet program contains more than 50 delicious recipes, plus lots of valuable advice on which foods to eat and avoid. Find out more here.