Having a homemade dip and a snack ready assortment of raw or cooked vegetables in the refrigerator is one way to create smart snacking habits. This artichoke hummus is smooth, creamy, and has that slightly smokey artichoke taste. Served with your favorite crudités, it should be enough to satisfy your food cravings.
Quick to prepare, this is also one of the easiest appetizers you can serve. Once your guests taste it and hear how healthy it is, it will disappear in no time. Bring a bowl along to your next potluck or picnic!
- 1 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, packed in water, drained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon for garnish
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs such as oregano and parsley, minced
- In the bowl of a food processor, add drained artichoke hearts and minced garlic, process until roughly chopped.
- Add 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, fresh lemon juice, tahini and ground cumin, process until mixture is smooth.
- Season hummus with salt and pepper to taste.
- Before serving, drizzle with 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and garnish with finely minced fresh herbs, such as oregano and parsley.
Looking for more gluten-free, sugar-free recipes? My Ultimate Candida Diet program contains more than 50 delicious recipes, plus lots of valuable advice on which foods to eat and avoid. Find out more here.