This is a really simple recipe that you can use on your Candida diet. It contains some good, lean protein and a few complex carbs from the quinoa (which is technically a seed, not a grain). It also uses various herbs and oils which give it lots of flavor. This is great for a quick evening meal!
I especially love the ginger sauce in this this dish. The combination of ginger, garlic, coconut aminos, chili, and lemon juice makes for a really strong, rounded flavor. It works great with steak, but it would be amazing with any kind of red meat.
Note that most red meat is on the ‘maybe’ list of foods to eat on the Candida diet. Red meats like beef and lamb tend to be harder to digest, and produce ammonia during digestion that can raise the pH of your intestines. Try to minimize your consumption of red meat until you have recovered from Candida.
- Coconut aminos (as a substitute for soy sauce)
- Olive oil
- Lemon Juice
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 3 cups fresh parsley
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- ½ cucumber
- 1 red onion
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Start with the quinoa as this will take the longest. Just cook it as directed on the packet.
- Chop the tomatoes and cucumber, then finely chop the parsley, mint, and onions. Add all these ingredients to a mixing bowl and leave them there until the quinoa is ready.
- While the quinoa is cooking, you can also make the sauce for the steak. Take the grated ginger and chili, coconut aminos, olive oil and lemon juice, and just mix it all together. This is a really simple sauce/dressing but its got a whole lot of flavor.
- Now season and cook the steak to your liking.
- Once the quinoa is ready, rinse it thoroughly. Add it to a mixing bowl with the chopped vegetables, herbs and olive oil. Mix well to make your tabbouleh.
- Serve the steak sliced, drizzled with the sauce. You can either have the quinoa tabbouleh on the side or place it underneath the steak. Enjoy!
Looking for more gluten-free, sugar-free recipes? My Ultimate Candida Diet program contains more than 50 delicious recipes, plus lots of valuable advice on which foods to eat and avoid. Find out more here.