Here’s a tasty snack that you can much on as a snack or use as an appetizer before meals. Wild salmon is a nutrient-dense fish and a very healthy source of protein. Make sure you don’t buy farmed salmon as they are usually higher in pollutants and accumulated toxins.
You could quite easily use sardines, or any of the other low-toxin fish from the foods to eat list, in place of the salmon in this recipe.
These endive spears are an elegant little snack that works well for dinner parties or cocktail parties. They are so easy to throw together, and perfect finger food. Don’t forget to check out our other Candida-safe snack ideas.
- 1 (6 ounce) can wild salmon (drained, with the bones and skin removed)
- 12 belgian endive spears (approx 2 heads)
- ½ cup Plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon
- 1 Tbsp. tarragon
- 1 Tbsp. spring onion, chopped
- In a bowl, mix up the salmon, yogurt, lemon, tarragon and salt.
- Scoop the mixture on to the endive spears.
- Garnish with spring onion and serve.
Looking for more gluten-free, sugar-free recipes? My Ultimate Candida Diet program contains more than 50 delicious recipes, plus lots of valuable advice on which foods to eat and avoid. Find out more here.