This recipe is a really tasty way to get a satisfying fix of protein and vegetables. It can be an impressive (but healthy) appetizer for guests, or a simple evening meal for yourself. Note that this recipe contains goat cheese, which contains much less lactose than regular cheese.
Beef and asparagus are always a great pairing, especially when the asparagus is in season. If you want to spice this recipe up a little, add some horseradish sauce to the cheese.
- 8-12 spears of asparagus (depending on size)
- 4 pieces thinly sliced beef
- 4 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ cup goat cheese
- 4-8 fresh basil leaves (depending on size)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Steam or boil the asparagus until slightly soft, and set aside.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of goat cheese on each slice of beef. Add a sundried tomato to each slice, plus 1-2 of the basil leaves.
- Place 2-3 asparagus on top, then roll the beef around it. Stick a tooth pick through to hold it together.
- Place on a preheated grill or frying pan for about 3-4 minutes on each side. When the beef is cooked, go ahead and serve.
Looking for more gluten-free, sugar-free recipes? My Ultimate Candida Diet program contains more than 50 delicious recipes, plus lots of valuable advice on which foods to eat and avoid. Find out more here.