Peter

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Here to learn what works and what doesnt…my experiences. #115135

    Peter
    Member
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 17

    Vegan Catlady;53608 wrote: Okay…ate some organic mixed nuts ( walnuts,almonds, cashews, a few dried cranberries).

    I believe the cashews did me in. Mold? maybe.

    So much pain in my chest and esophagus. Feel like I did a 180 from yesterday.
    Eyes so dry I cant keep them open. Uhg, I could have sworn cashews were okay. I do peanuts with no problems, but pistachios try to kill me, and now cashews do too.

    That’s bad. sorry to her that. I’ve recently noted that i tolerate just walnuts and coconut. Specially when i mix it get worse but if i eat one at a time it goes fine.

    in reply to: Can I eat these? Duck & Coconut yoghurt #115095

    Peter
    Member
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 17

    Moni74;53613 wrote: Am happily cruisisng along at only 2 weeks but have a quick question. Can I eat duck? Also coconut yoghurt (am conerned the last ingredient on the nutrional list was sugar). Also whats the consensus on the skin of a chcken?

    Thanks!

    Hi Moni i don’t see particular problem on duck if it’s not fried and also on the skin of chicken if you don’t exhagerate.
    For the yogurt if in the ingredients have sugar i would suggest you to don’t eat but it depends on many factors. How are your symptoms now? how do you feel? i would prefer the coconut fruit which is very caloric and more healthy.

    in reply to: Why did my tongue completely regress? #115077

    Peter
    Member
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 17

    impossible;53597 wrote:

    Thanks impossible to have pointed out those interesting notes about immuno-weakness but it’s not my case.
    I recently took my blood tests and all lymphocites and leucocytes are in normal range.
    I have instead high value of ferritine in blood which could be more referred to an inflamation rather than an infection. The body react to inflamation by increasing the ferritine level in liver as natural response to inflamation and the liver could be very stressed cause that. In fact my ALT/AST are increasing too. For my doctor everything is connected to candida…
    Since im fighting with antifungals and candida is in remission phase my ferritine recently lowed too so i suppose that exist some connection with it.

    Was your lymphocyte panel just the normal cd4/cd8/cd19 numbers? Thats not going to rule out a Th2 dominant/overactive type scenario.

    The panel scan throughout different types that i dont know how to translate in english.
    I believe they take the absolute limphocytes values but i have to ask to the lab if they take into account th1/th2 too.

    in reply to: Why did my tongue completely regress? #115075

    Peter
    Member
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 17

    impossible;53539 wrote:

    I have a similar reaction. I get a thrush increase with onions, eggs, spinach, and other foods. It drove me crazy for quite a while trying to figure it out. Later, I realized I have immune reactions to those same foods–especially the high sulfur ones. I have a feeling an immune response lessens the body’s ability to control the thrush. Conversely, if I take something that boosts my innate immune system (like pine cone extract) the thrush lessons. I’ve found that changes, both positive and negative, to my innate immune system effect my yeast levels much more, than say, antifungals or probiotics. This evidences, I think, the notion that what most people have isn’t a candida problem, but an immune problem.

    Totally agree with you indeed candida infection does not exist in people with a strong immunodefense system. But i swear also to you that the body can increase his immunodeficence as well as it can recover from it and i can be a witness about that because it is since 2 years around that i don’t get a cold or influence, i swear i never had such similar things in last 2 years. Although the damn candida is still there.

    People with upregulated Th2 activity or total immune suppression/weakness, which is pretty much universal with candidiasis, usually stop getting common colds and flu’s. Its another sign of the problem.

    Thanks impossible to have pointed out those interesting notes about immuno-weakness but it’s not my case.
    I recently took my blood tests and all lymphocites and leucocytes are in normal range.
    I have instead high value of ferritine in blood which could be more referred to an inflamation rather than an infection. The body react to inflamation by increasing the ferritine level in liver as natural response to inflamation and the liver could be very stressed cause that. In fact my ALT/AST are increasing too. For my doctor everything is connected to candida…
    Since im fighting with antifungals and candida is in remission phase my ferritine recently lowed too so i suppose that exist some connection with it.

    in reply to: Here to learn what works and what doesnt…my experiences. #115036

    Peter
    Member
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 17

    Vegan Catlady;53485 wrote:

    This point of contention to me doesnt make sense…I mean, if you need something in your body to survive but candida likes it too, do you shoot your foot to spite your leg?

    Do we stop consuming things we need just because candida needs it too? Like natural sugars and carbs? vitamins? Iron?

    Well, the priority is survive i think.
    So if i can hurt that bitch enough with all means i have i will do it, but preserve my health as a biologic organism that needs be feeded to live is fundamental. Since i’m sick i’ve heard people talkin about nonsense diet, people that hadn’t candida, most of them doctors, saying that carbs should be completely removed from the diet. Where do they live uh? on the moon? if we are realistic we should say that everybody needs an amount of calories during the day and part of them we take from carbs. If you tell me that we should prefer a good quality carbs i am agree with you but if you say remove all the carbs probably i tell you don’t know what you are talkin about. I don’t believe to nobody that come to me and tell me i defeated candida cause i removed all carbs from diet because it’s just impossible to do for a human being. Even vegetables contains carbs. Who tells to us that those kind of carbs couldn’t feed candida too?
    Candida help the body to digest sugar so it don’t make difference if you give to her a piece of bread or slice of zucchina as long they have some sugars inside. Of course diet is important but i never had monolithic approach against candida that is not to cure it just with diet.
    Now for example im drinkin an orange juice with lemon juice mixed up. I never had any issue with that even when i drunk sweet oranges. But if i eat an apple i feel bad. where is the connection? i can’t see it. Sometimes i think also that the fact i never removed completely carbs made my body stronger and push it to fight more than other people that eat free carbs and when they eat a peanut feel very bad. That for me is even worse then.

    in reply to: Why did my tongue completely regress? #115003

    Peter
    Member
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 17

    approximately_me;53496 wrote: I have a similar reaction. I get a thrush increase with onions, eggs, spinach, and other foods. It drove me crazy for quite a while trying to figure it out. Later, I realized I have immune reactions to those same foods–especially the high sulfur ones. I have a feeling an immune response lessens the body’s ability to control the thrush. Conversely, if I take something that boosts my innate immune system (like pine cone extract) the thrush lessons. I’ve found that changes, both positive and negative, to my innate immune system effect my yeast levels much more, than say, antifungals or probiotics. This evidences, I think, the notion that what most people have isn’t a candida problem, but an immune problem.

    Totally agree with you indeed candida infection does not exist in people with a strong immunodefense system. But i swear also to you that the body can increase his immunodeficence as well as it can recover from it and i can be a witness about that because it is since 2 years around that i don’t get a cold or influence, i swear i never had such similar things in last 2 years. Although the damn candida is still there.

    in reply to: Diet/food question #114843

    Peter
    Member
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 17

    I can tell you how i did.
    For something around 3 months ive eaten without wholemeal carbs like rice or pasta. I just took 60 gr home made wholemeal bread in morning with soy milk.
    I’ve used beans and farro which is a very old variety of spelt and is poor in carbs. I don’t know if u can find in the US; here is an image of it:
    http://foodie-fitness.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/farro.jpg
    You see it looks like rice but it’s not rice. You can find also the flour of farro which is poor in carbs. like 36gr of carbs per 100gr of flour.
    After do faeces tests you should see if the infection decreased. Then you can gradually begin eat wholemeal food again but with moderation.
    Hope this helps

    not4sakn;53332 wrote: Thanks for the replies.

    Where can I find information on the different phases?

    Also are there strict example meal plans I could refer to that will still allow me to meet my calorie goals daily?

    Aiming for 2k minimum but even that seems tough with so much eliminated.

    in reply to: Where Is My Candida? #114816

    Peter
    Member
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 17

    Albicant;53320 wrote: I’m a 50yr male and suspected Candida victim. I read several books and websites so am familiar with most of the protocols. However I have not read anything regarding these issues anywhere:

    1. Does Candida reside mostly in the small intestine or large intestine?
    2. If it does reside in the large intestine, how does it survive? (since all sugars are already absorbed in small intestine).
    3. If it does reside (and thrive) in the large intestine, how do the antifungals such as garlic, oregano, caprylic, coconut, rutabega reach that destination? Aren’t they digested and absorbed by then? So are these antifungals only effective in the small intestine?

    Thanks for any insight.

    Candida reside in the entire gastrointestinal zone. It’s present mostly in the small intestine from what i’ve red because participate in the important assimilation of the sugar via a process that helps the intestine to digest the nutrients. Normally it shouldn’t be present into the faeces and it can reside in the mouth in a very small percentage.
    Anyway candida must survive for the health of your body because it is a very important citizen of your gut. The overgrowth of candida must be avoided but your goal shouldn’t be to destroy it. You just need bring it to a reasonable quantity that allow your body to live in balance with it.

    in reply to: 1 Year in Candida Diet still can't function – PLEASE HELP #114813

    Peter
    Member
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 17

    Hi Amanda your symptoms i had 1 year and half ago. After i went in hospital they didnt got cure me at all and my candida raised up to an inimmaginable level into my body!
    I had a so big die-off after beginning taking natural antifungals that i was lucky my mother helped me cooking something because i didnt got stand up from the bed.
    I don’t want enter into details cause is sad to remember but anyway i want try to give you some suggestions about products i’ve tried for liver and stomach because i had a very strong reflux.
    I remember the acid steam from my stomach entered in my lungs causing to me asthma crisis.
    First of all you don’t take natural antimicotic? I’m not talkin about fluconazole.
    Im saying about grapefruit seed extract, or pau d’arco. The garlic too.
    That is good to low candida in begin. If your stomach is totally upside down u can take a piece of raw garlic and with a toothpick puncture it and throw in a cup of water for 2 hours to let the juice enter in water. Then u just drink the water very slowly. I did like this when i had very bad situation in stomach and i got it.
    Do you eat artichoke? is very important for liver.
    if u find teas of tarassaco (Taraxacum officinale) is very useful in clean the liver too.
    Sylibum marianum is an herb used to improve the digestion and the pure licorice root deny the increase of the acids during the digestion. Hope this helps

    in reply to: Here to learn what works and what doesnt…my experiences. #114812

    Peter
    Member
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 17

    Vegan Catlady;53309 wrote:

    Ok don’t turn into devil cat now haha i don’t wish this disease to no body.
    And just cause i think nobody deserve be tortured like us.
    It is a shame indeed about doctors but this world is full of ignorance, specially about what we don’t know. Anyway which flour you use? if you use it of course…

    I eat mostly raw fruits and vegetables, pinto beans and coconut yogurt.
    I dont bake or cook much anymore.

    When I first got sick and didnt know what it was, I went raw vegan and it went away for a few years, until it came back recently over the holidays.

    Since going raw vegan, its so hard to eat cooked food although I do it now because my choices of food are less.

    im no fun to share recipes with since im into raw 🙁

    never mind really 🙂 you know i did so stupid to insist in wholemeal pasta for so long time and now that im removing it from my diet i feel REALLY better!
    I’m happy, i hope i will keep it up. I’m finding so much concentration for my studies and that is very good. I always had the convintion that because was wholemeal was allowed and my brain did that stupid equation wholemeal=allowed for so long time. I will be more careful in future

    in reply to: Pain in the Right Side? Liver Flush #114801

    Peter
    Member
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 17

    that is very interesting, although looking on the preliminary explanation i noted they mention only scan and xray but not ecography which is made by sound. I think you cannot hide a stone with ecography…or am i missing something?

    in reply to: Is dark chocolate allowed? #114785

    Peter
    Member
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 17

    tude58;51338 wrote: Hi everyone!
    Can we use dark chocolate?

    Hi in my diet it has been completely excluded.

    in reply to: Diet/food question #114784

    Peter
    Member
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 17

    Hi,
    to be honest i always eaten fresh tomatoes since i’m sick.
    I just remove the skin because i have problem to digest it but really no problem about tomatoes.
    Raw vegetables are always a good choice for candida cause also give you minerals that you lose when you stop eat fruits. You can integrate with minerals/vitamins supplement too like i do.
    Things apart are knowing right quantities that you asked for.
    About that i can say that it’s up of each one of us because our bodies, lifestyles, metabolisms are all different. I can tell you to consume 3000calories per day but might be few for you.
    I experimented almond for example but for me is not good. I go with hazelnuts and coconuts. Avocado too is good. I integrate a lot with olive oil in every meal i do. I consume 60/80gr. of it everyday because have few sature fats. For 100ml of olive oil 14G are sature instead for 100ml of coconut oil 86grams are sature! To keep carbs on a so low quantity (50gr) you need compensate with high calories foods. Could be useful contact a dietologist like i did. It’s true about what you’ve said many thigns seems are mixed up because reaction of people is different. For example you told about almond milk but i can’t drink it at all. That’s not mean you can’t too. You need test sometimes what works for you and adjust the diet accordingly. If you follow my advise and visit dietologist i’m sure you will find a better approach on the diet which is 70% of the cure in my opinion.

    in reply to: Here to learn what works and what doesnt…my experiences. #114782

    Peter
    Member
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 17

    Vegan Catlady;53300 wrote:

    Thanks Peter,
    did you ever find the cause of your candida?

    From what I understand, candida overgrowth should not be forever. Have you determined why its still there?

    My red welts were triggered from something that was growing in a bag of gardening soil.
    I did not have candida issues until I took the antibiotics they gave me as precaution, because they thought the welts were staph or strep, when I TOLD them I had no cuts of bug bites.
    It sucks that I believed they knew better than I did, and that I listened to them when they truly had no clue.
    It sucks that doctors prescribe antibiotics with zero clue that it causes overgrowth of candida. And it sucks that they dont listen.

    I was in the hospital just days ago and when I told the ER doc that I had candida in my system, he laughed and said I dont see anything in your throat or on your tongue.

    I hope the quality of your life now makes up for the hard time you had.
    No one deserves that.

    You know what is weird?

    You would think that a few docs would entertain the idea that we are not crazy, and maybe check out this forum and read everyone’s story.

    Unfortunately most docs are way too cool for that…forbid that they learn something from us common-folk 😉

    Well the cause i’m not sure yet but probably i linked all that happened to me to some vaccinations i did cause i’ve traveled to tropical areas and i needed to. And also to some antibiotics i’ve took to cure an ear infection that wasn’t caused from bacteria but from acid reflux. I realized too late that my ear pains werent cause infection and it wasn’t my fault(stupid doctors as usual that prescribe too many antibiotics!!) Vaccinations and antibiotics i had almost in same periods so from what i’ve red about candida there’s an evident possibility i developed candida cause those factors. I just don’t understand why all the other times i took antibiotics nothing happened to me, never. Probably my immuno defenses were low…i really don’t know.
    I laugh now you know? because it’s amazing how much similarities i found in your words about experiences with doctors. My last contact with a gastro specialist was 2 months ago. I’ve seated in front of 3 doctors: One old person plus 2 girls (probably medicine students). I’ve started to explain that i have intestinal candida and he went upset and talked aggressive with me telling that i am anxious and candida does not exist?!? i exited out the room without give to them the possibility to conclude their speech. And you’re right, i’m done with doctors that laugh in your face treating you like you come from the moon.
    Anyway i’m beginning a new diet with my dietologist because although my infection was under control i continued to suffer often on abdominal pains and nausea.
    Im lowing a lot wholemeal pasta now which is a pretty hard thing for an italian guy hehe 🙂 then im preferring nuts and olive oil which i take from a friend that produce it. I use fresh coconut, hazelnuts, avocado. Ceci and beans. I do also home made bread with wholemeal flour and without yeast if you want the recipe i can tell you.
    It’s an hard battle without doubts. it’s a battle that you cannot stop even for a second. Probably that is what make it so difficult to face.
    By the way if i will find something that works fine with my diet i will post here for sure, cheers

    You rock,Pete. I appreciate any and all input. Sounds like your eating okay though, not a hard diet to live with if your still eating pasta, even if it is wholemeal!

    Im with you on the antibiotics-
    I have taken them before and got the candida under control with my own immune system kicking in and taking care of it if it was there, but this time its just not leaving so easily.

    Im lucky that the only doctor I believe in that doesnt think we are all crazy happens to live in my state, still a couple hours away but if I get desperate enough I will visit him for sure.
    He doesnt think anyone should have this going on for more than a year or two, and thats a timeline I can work with.
    I hate hearing that some people have had this for many years…no one should live like this for that long…its wrong on so many levels. No one should be told its anxiety, or its in their head. They said that to my 12 yr old son. They told me to get him a psychiatrist, because his symptoms are all in his head! Maybe this makes me a bad person, but I wish those people get candida. You should NOT be a doctor if you cannot open your mind to allow that you might not know something 😉

    Ok don’t turn into devil cat now haha i don’t wish this disease to no body.
    And just cause i think nobody deserve be tortured like us.
    It is a shame indeed about doctors but this world is full of ignorance, specially about what we don’t know. Anyway which flour you use? if you use it of course…

    in reply to: Here to learn what works and what doesnt…my experiences. #114775

    Peter
    Member
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 17

    Thanks Peter,
    did you ever find the cause of your candida?

    From what I understand, candida overgrowth should not be forever. Have you determined why its still there?

    My red welts were triggered from something that was growing in a bag of gardening soil.
    I did not have candida issues until I took the antibiotics they gave me as precaution, because they thought the welts were staph or strep, when I TOLD them I had no cuts of bug bites.
    It sucks that I believed they knew better than I did, and that I listened to them when they truly had no clue.
    It sucks that doctors prescribe antibiotics with zero clue that it causes overgrowth of candida. And it sucks that they dont listen.

    I was in the hospital just days ago and when I told the ER doc that I had candida in my system, he laughed and said I dont see anything in your throat or on your tongue.

    I hope the quality of your life now makes up for the hard time you had.
    No one deserves that.

    You know what is weird?

    You would think that a few docs would entertain the idea that we are not crazy, and maybe check out this forum and read everyone’s story.

    Unfortunately most docs are way too cool for that…forbid that they learn something from us common-folk 😉

    Well the cause i’m not sure yet but probably i linked all that happened to me to some vaccinations i did cause i’ve traveled to tropical areas and i needed to. And also to some antibiotics i’ve took to cure an ear infection that wasn’t caused from bacteria but from acid reflux. I realized too late that my ear pains werent cause infection and it wasn’t my fault(stupid doctors as usual that prescribe too many antibiotics!!) Vaccinations and antibiotics i had almost in same periods so from what i’ve red about candida there’s an evident possibility i developed candida cause those factors. I just don’t understand why all the other times i took antibiotics nothing happened to me, never. Probably my immuno defenses were low…i really don’t know.
    I laugh now you know? because it’s amazing how much similarities i found in your words about experiences with doctors. My last contact with a gastro specialist was 2 months ago. I’ve seated in front of 3 doctors: One old person plus 2 girls (probably medicine students). I’ve started to explain that i have intestinal candida and he went upset and talked aggressive with me telling that i am anxious and candida does not exist?!? i exited out the room without give to them the possibility to conclude their speech. And you’re right, i’m done with doctors that laugh in your face treating you like you come from the moon.
    Anyway i’m beginning a new diet with my dietologist because although my infection was under control i continued to suffer often on abdominal pains and nausea.
    Im lowing a lot wholemeal pasta now which is a pretty hard thing for an italian guy hehe 🙂 then im preferring nuts and olive oil which i take from a friend that produce it. I use fresh coconut, hazelnuts, avocado. Ceci and beans. I do also home made bread with wholemeal flour and without yeast if you want the recipe i can tell you.
    It’s an hard battle without doubts. it’s a battle that you cannot stop even for a second. Probably that is what make it so difficult to face.
    By the way if i will find something that works fine with my diet i will post here for sure, cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)