Zevia Soda.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Zevia Soda.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  shayfo 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Jersey
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 13

Hey Candida pros,
    Wondering if anyone else drinks this stuff, or have any thoughts on it. It’s called Zevia. It’s a carbonated soda drink, flavored with Stevia. It comes in a bunch of flavors.
    http://www.zevia.com/flavors
    Here’s the ingredient list for Creme Soda(my favorite)- CARBONATED WATER, ERYTHRITOL, NATURAL FLAVORS, REB A (STEVIA EXTRACT), CITRIC ACID, CARAMEL COLOR.
    And heres the one for Cherry Cola- CARBONATED WATER, ERYTHRITOL, CARAMEL COLOR, TARTARIC ACID, REB A (STEVIA EXTRACT), CITRIC ACID, CAFFEINE, NATURAL FLAVORS

They’re all pretty close on the ingredients. So I’m just wondering if I should be drinking these things. I drink one per day. I add my vitamin C to it, and GSE when I’m taking it as my antifungal.

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I wouldn’t add any supplements to a drink that contains citric acid and carbonation. I would think these properties would reduce the efficacy of your supplement or antifungal. Also, I don’t think that caramel color is very good for you but I can’t remember why it is bad. Also, erithryitol is a an alcohol sugar and there is some disagreement on here as to whether it is okay. And lastly, natural flavors, you just never know what that could mean. 🙂

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

They don’t look that bad but keep in mind some of those ingredients are on the border.

ERYTHRITOL should be okay but I wouldn’t start off my treatment with it.
    CITRIC ACID – may be derived from yeast
    CAFFEINE – Should not really be consumed at all during treatment
    NATURAL FLAVORS – Should be okay, but it could also mean beaver anus (This is a real “natural flavor”, google it, im not joking!)

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

Jersey;40008 wrote: Hey Candida pros,
    Wondering if anyone else drinks this stuff, or have any thoughts on it. It’s called Zevia. It’s a carbonated soda drink, flavored with Stevia. It comes in a bunch of flavors.
    http://www.zevia.com/flavors
    Here’s the ingredient list for Creme Soda(my favorite)- CARBONATED WATER, ERYTHRITOL, NATURAL FLAVORS, REB A (STEVIA EXTRACT), CITRIC ACID, CARAMEL COLOR.
    And heres the one for Cherry Cola- CARBONATED WATER, ERYTHRITOL, CARAMEL COLOR, TARTARIC ACID, REB A (STEVIA EXTRACT), CITRIC ACID, CAFFEINE, NATURAL FLAVORS

They’re all pretty close on the ingredients. So I’m just wondering if I should be drinking these things. I drink one per day. I add my vitamin C to it, and GSE when I’m taking it as my antifungal.

Where do you buy them ?? I want for me. I believe nothing is going to happen if you consume them.
    It is an alternative for people who needs to avoid sugary sodas.

I have been drinking Sprite Zero and Coca Cola Zero without any problem. They contain Aspartame that many people don’t like.

Jorge.

Jersey
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 13

Damn. Beaver Anus. I hadn’t even considered that! I have heard of that though. I think Coke was using some ingredient derived from aborted fetus’ or something crazy like that.
    I used to eat chicken nuggets as a kid. I’m sure I chowed down on a few chicken butts :/
    Kag- I’ve had the same thoughts about the carbonation. But I’ve never read anything to back my concern up. Let me know if you look into that further .
    Jorge, I Buy it at at a local health food store. And now, ShopRite, my local grocery store started carrying some flavors. Creme Soda is probably the best. Cherry Coke next. Then Grape. Then Ginger Ale. The Orange one is just weiiiiiird. And those don’t have aspartme or any of those other bad sweeteners. Go on their website, and it has a page to find a local seller.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I used to drink these occasionally, but I found that they made me sick to my stomach. I don’t trust anything with nebulous ingredients like natural flavors and citric acid. Just more crap to keep you addicted to junk.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

If you’re going to drink Zevia (I used to occasionally before the diet), I would recommend skipping the ones with caramel coloring. http://www.cspinet.org/new/201102161.html

I used to eat chicken nuggets as a kid. I’m sure I chowed down on a few chicken butts :/

For the record, chicken butts and chicken vaginas are the same orifice. Mmmm, nuggets :p

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Zevia Soda.’ is closed to new replies.