Yum Yum Nut Bars

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  helixs54 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

mcards
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 5

I stole this recipe from the book “The intolerant gourmet: Glorious Food Without Gluten & Lactose”] by Barbra Kafka.

I modified it slightly to work with the diet. When these are done they taste like a blonde brownie with the texture of a granola bar. (That description does not give this recipe justice!) Even the rest of my family who is not on this candida diet with me LOVED these!

Ingredient:
    1/2 tsp coconut oil
    1 c whole almonds (the recipe recommend roasted unsalted almonds but I used raw)
    1 c whole pecans (or walnuts)
    1/3 c stevia
    2 egg whites

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease a 7 or 8 inch square pan with the oil. Set aside. Place the nusts in a food processor and chop until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Put the contents into a small mixing bowl. Stir in the stevia and egg whites. With a spatula, scrape the contents of the bowl into the oiled pan and press into an even layer. Bake for 1 hour for soft cookies or 1 1/2 hours for crisp cookies. Remove from the oven. Allow to cool and cut into squares.

I also add unsweetened coconut flakes (in the food processor when you grind the nuts,) because i think everything should have coconut in it!

Hope you enjoy!

helixs54
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 17

Yum..Delicious snacks menu.I must try to make it. Everybody invited for Nut bars…ha..ha.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Yum Yum Nut Bars’ is closed to new replies.