Yucca Root, Miracle Herb?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Yucca Root, Miracle Herb?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  samuel50 6 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Anti-inflammatory Agents
    The strongest herbal anti-inflammatory herbs are steroidal herbs. The best choices are yucca root and licorice root. Using a combination of both herbs would work best. The sterols are the agent responsible for reducing inflammation, lowering cholesterol levels, and building adrenal hormones which in turn strengthen the adrenal glands which are of course a major part of the immune system.

Intestinal Permeability Syndrome (Leaky Gut Syndrome)
    Yucca root is especially helpful in reducing intestinal inflammation which would benefit those with leaky gut as well as alleviating many of the symptoms and disorders associated with leaky gut syndrome. Yucca root used as a food is hypoallergenic which means it shouldn’t aggravate the system by adding to the allergies associated with leaky gut.

A Prebiotic
    Yucca root is perfect for supporting the healthy digestive flora. Yucca root actually provides more benefits than pure FOS or inulin by holding moisture in the colon which naturally provides a more beneficial growth environment for the beneficial bacteria; plus, it’s also fiber-rich which supplies healthy food to the flora.

Yucca Root and Die-Off
    Yucca root supplies saponins; these saponins are able to literally bind with the ammonia produced by Candida, then the toxins are excreted from the body, therefore ridding the body of a possible debilitating toxin.

Adrenal Glands
    Yucca root is very helpful in rebuilding the adrenals and therefore the immune system. If used to build the adrenals, you should also supply other needed nutrients such as pantothenic acid and lots of vitamin C.

Preparing
    Yucca root can be taken in herbal form in capsules found in health and vitamin stores. Yucca root can also be found in many supermarkets and prepared by boiling and/or baking. When boiled, yucca root can be mashed and eaten like mashed potatoes. Keep in mind that excessive boiling reduces the sterols which are beneficial.

Able

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

This is the one that acts like pregnenolone, isn’t it? All the steroid hormones are derived from pregnenolone. You can see the pathways in this diagram. The natural hormone is also available as a supplement. It’s non-toxic but it tends to be sold in unnecessarily high doses (50-100mg tablets).

If the supplements provide relief, it may suggest issues with cholesterol, thyroid (T3) or vitamin A, since all are necessary to produce pregnenolone. A myriad of other factors can interfere along the pathways, as well as with obtaining the pregnenolone co-factors too. This is one reason I think adrenal fatigue is such a bogus diagnosis.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

What is that one ??
    Cassava?? Yuca ??
    There are several varieties.
    Yuca Root (no yucca) is very high in carbohydrates.

Please, post a link with a picture.

Jorge.

lmm
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 138

I thought that steroidal compounds, such as pregnenolone, can themselves induce candidiasis?

Regards,
    Len

Able900
    Spectator

dvjorge wrote: What is that one ??
    Cassava?? Yuca ??
    There are several varieties.
    Yuca Root (no yucca) is very high in carbohydrates.
    Please, post a link with a picture.

I’m speaking of “yucca” and not “yuca.” Yucca schidigera is actually the correct name, and you want the root, not the stalk. Supplements in powder or capsule form are available.

I think the cassava root shares the common name yucca, but it isn’t related botanically. This may be the starchy root you’re talking about as being eaten in place of potatoes – in most cases.
    http://www.fs.fed.us/database/feis/plants/shrub/yucsch/all.html

Able

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

lmm wrote: I thought that steroidal compounds, such as pregnenolone, can themselves induce candidiasis?

They all have different, sometimes opposing, functions. You can’t survive without them, and can’t be healthy with them out of balance. Maybe you’re thinking of cortisol or synthetic equivalents used for pain treatment that can lower immunity, or oestrogen that’s as much a reproductive hormone for yeasts as it is for us.

Pregnenolone is the “mother” hormone that all of the steroids are derived from (see the link in my previous post). It seems to help a lot of people, but it can be somewhat unpredictable, depending what’s going on in your body that influences the pathways. It’s likely to help if you’re not producing enough though, and in this case it’s worth checking thyroid, cholesterol and vitamin A levels.

helixs54
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 17

Thanks for the post “Able900”.It,s a great share.
    Help community to decide.

TimPG
    Replies: 8

Able900;27127 wrote: Yucca root can also be found in many supermarkets and prepared by boiling and/or baking. When boiled, yucca root can be mashed and eaten like mashed potatoes. Keep in mind that excessive boiling reduces the sterols which are beneficial.

Able

At my local Dominick’s (Safeway) in Chicago, I found what rang up on the receipt as “Yucca Root” (with two Cs)—and this is how it was labeled on the bin in the vegetable isle, too.

But the sticker on the vegetable itself says, “Cal Fresco Yuca Root, PLU #4819, Produce of Costa Rica”—with one “C”.

Is this the correct PLU/produce code, and, if not, what PLU should we look for?

Thank you.

Able900
    Spectator

TimPG;34126 wrote: At my local Dominick’s (Safeway) in Chicago, I found what rang up on the receipt as “Yucca Root” (with two Cs)—and this is how it was labeled on the bin in the vegetable isle, too. But the sticker on the vegetable itself says, “Cal Fresco Yuca Root, PLU #4819, Produce of Costa Rica”—with one “C”.
    Is this the correct PLU/produce code, and, if not, what PLU should we look for?

I honestly don’t know what your local Dominick’s carries, but of course I’m speaking of “yucca” and not “yuca.” Yucca schidigera is actually the correct name. You can also get supplements in powder or capsule form which may be the safest way to be certain you’re purchasing the correct substance.

Able

samuel50
    Replies: 26

Yucca roots also contain many beneficial properties that allow its use in a variety of different products and medicines. Always consult your health care provider before embarking on any health regimen.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Yucca Root, Miracle Herb?’ is closed to new replies.