You really should see this!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions You really should see this!

This topic contains 19 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Bansaw 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

candy candida
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 4

Okay, so I’m researching Candida Albicans more. Since I work in the medical field, I find this all to interesting (besides the fact that I have some overgrowth).

Anyways, I came upon this STUDY (yes a real study, easy to understand too and with pictures), and if you read it you will understand something amazing. Because I understand microbiology and Science a little more, I have been very suspicious of the claims that the yeast we eat has any connection to the overgrowth of candida.

If you notice in the article they talk about candida albicans (yeast overgrowth), and Saccharomyces cerevisiae (S. cerevisiae) which is brewer’s yeast. Here’s the spoiler, they did a study on children’s tongue with C. albicans, the ones treated with an antifungal saw NO recovery. The ones treated with Saccharomyces cerevisiae (yes, brewer’s yeast) were healed completely in 3 days. I hope you’ll take a look, it’s so very interesting!
    http://www.academicjournals.org/ijmms/PDF/Pdf2011/March/Premanathan%20et%20al.pdf

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

Thank you for posting this :D!!! It is very interesting! I actually heard somewhere about brewers yeast and being very beneficial to health. Thanks for actually posting a study. I might try it. I wonder if it would be beneficial to consume brewer yeast too.
    Thanks
    Lauren

candy candida
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 4

Baker’s yeast, yes, is also Saccharomyces cerevisiae.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Candy & Lauren.

We’ve talked about Brewer’s yeast forms of bacteria on the forum before, specifically the S. boulardii bacteria, but there are many studies on the S. cerevisiae species as well.

Colonization of the beneficial bacteria that we need is of ultimate importance for the immune system which is responsible for all healing.
    Studies conducted in 1961 were performed to determine whether or not consuming large quantities of S. cerevisiae would produce colonization in the intestines. The studies showed that an extremely high consumption of S. cerevisiae would result in passage and colonization to draining of the lymph nodes. However, a extremely large intake of S. cerevisiae daily and all in one dose was needed to achieve this result. This was found to be nearly ten times that of normal amounts.

In addition, S. cerevisiae isn’t normally regarded as being an infective agent, however, isolated incidents listed the yeast as a being factor in certain infections.

Another study conducted in 1984 indicated S. cerevisiae as being a partial cause of various infections in patients studied.

Also, in 1999 a write-up in the Journal of Clinical Microbiology reported that an increasing number of isolations of S. cerevisiae were found in women with vaginitis.
    All I’m saying is, if you decide to use this form of probiotic, just be careful. Also, even if you decide to take Brewer’s Yeast, you’ll still need to take the normal species of human bacteria.

If I wanted to use Brewer’s Yeast, it would as a B vitamin source and not in the large amounts needed for probiotics. As I’ve mentioned before, taking Brewer’s Yeast as a B vitamin source would be a benefit to the treatment.

Able

Lauren

Able900 wrote: Candy & Lauren.

Also, in 1999 a write-up in the Journal of Clinical Microbiology reported that an increasing number of isolations of S. cerevisiae were found in women with vaginitis.
    All I’m saying is, if you decide to use this form of probiotic, just be careful. Also, even if you decide to take Brewer’s Yeast, you’ll still need to take the normal species of human bacteria.

If I wanted to use Brewer’s Yeast, it would as a B vitamin source and not in the large amounts needed for probiotics. As I’ve mentioned before, taking Brewer’s Yeast as a B vitamin source would be a benefit to the treatment.

Able

Able and Raster thanks! Able, so what you are saying is not to take a high dosage? That as long as you are colonizing your digestive tract that it should be okay? I was not planning to stop taking my probiotics. This was just going to be something I add to my plan. Able would you use it personally? What are your feelings about using it for oral thrush? I was planning on trying it and see how I feel. This is of course after my flu symptoms pass.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

candy candida wrote: Okay, so I’m researching Candida Albicans more. Since I work in the medical field, I find this all to interesting (besides the fact that I have some overgrowth).

Anyways, I came upon this STUDY (yes a real study, easy to understand too and with pictures), and if you read it you will understand something amazing. Because I understand microbiology and Science a little more, I have been very suspicious of the claims that the yeast we eat has any connection to the overgrowth of candida.

If you notice in the article they talk about candida albicans (yeast overgrowth), and Saccharomyces cerevisiae (S. cerevisiae) which is brewer’s yeast. Here’s the spoiler, they did a study on children’s tongue with C. albicans, the ones treated with an antifungal saw NO recovery. The ones treated with Saccharomyces cerevisiae (yes, brewer’s yeast) were healed completely in 3 days. I hope you’ll take a look, it’s so very interesting!
    http://www.academicjournals.org/ijmms/PDF/Pdf2011/March/Premanathan%20et%20al.pdf

I know about a case of one person in Curezone that had a severe intestinal fungal overgrowth. That person did everything known to cure her infection following different protocols. After 4 years, she decided to take S. Boulardii 3 times a day and to stop all the antifungals. After some months, she posted in the forum she was candida free and eating what she wanted. In fact, she never posted anymore because reached a cure. I have never done a protocol using S. Boulardii, but I understand S. Boulardii has one of the highest colonization rate of any microbe and is able to produce high amounts of fatty acid. Think about it, the intestinal surface is enormous and when you take oral antifungals, only a small part of the lining get contact with it. It is impossible to cover the intestine with an spoon or two capsules of liquid antifungal or powder, etc.
    If S. Boulardi colonizes the intestinal surface with millions of cells covering most , if not all the intestines, there will be fatty acids in contact with the lining everywhere in the intestines, and these fatty acids are what have strong anticandida activity.
    I am expeculating the mechanism, but there is something very powerful with S. Boulardii that other pathogenic fungal species don’t like, specially C. Albicans.

It is rare getting a reaction to this fungus and only isolated cases has been reported.
    S. Boulardii is a temporary colonizer and don’t figure as a human beneficial flora, but who knows if taking it for a months is able to clean the gut of candida.
    I have it in my mind since long time and some day, it will have its moment in my treatment. I have thought to battle candida with antifungals and diet until some point where I switch to S. Boulardii and stop the antifungals. You can not take antifungals if you are going to take it.
    I think it deserves a good try.
    My two cents !!!
    Jorge.

jamesb
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 43

[quote quote=S. Boulardii is a temporary colonizer and don’t figure as a human beneficial flora, but who knows if taking it for a months is able to clean the gut of candida.
    I have it in my mind since long time and some day, it will have its moment in my treatment. I have thought to battle candida with antifungals and diet until some point where I switch to S. Boulardii and stop the antifungals. You can not take antifungals if you are going to take it.
    I think it deserves a good try.
    My two cents !!!
    Jorge.

Jorge

The explanation may be on this thread somewhere and perhaps I have missed it but I can’t see it. Why can’t you take S Boulardii and anti fungals together (would that include coconut oil/flour?

Lauren

Haha Jamesb I was going to just ask this. 😀
    Lauren

raster
    Participant

I believe you cannot take those two together because the antifungals will kill the Boulardii. Antifungals can kill probiotics as well (from what I’ve heard).

My question is: Does SF722 kill probiotics or Boulardii? If it doesn’t, this could possibly be something you can take with it.

I am interested in trying out Boulardii sometime down the road to see if it completely clears things up. I am willing to be a guinea pig. I recently watched a documentary title “how beer saved the world” (watch instantly on netflix). Back in the middle ages, they drank beer for health properties and I am wondering if beer would be anti-candida or not!? I am getting married in June, so I will have to try it out then.

-Raster

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

raster wrote: I believe you cannot take those two together because the antifungals will kill the Boulardii. Antifungals can kill probiotics as well (from what I’ve heard).

My question is: Does SF722 kill probiotics or Boulardii? If it doesn’t, this could possibly be something you can take with it.

I am interested in trying out Boulardii sometime down the road to see if it completely clears things up. I am willing to be a guinea pig. I recently watched a documentary title “how beer saved the world” (watch instantly on netflix). Back in the middle ages, they drank beer for health properties and I am wondering if beer would be anti-candida or not!? I am getting married in June, so I will have to try it out then.

-Raster

Here is the answer. Raster did it for me. Yes, S. Boulardii is a yeast, and the antifungals will kill it creating a battle ground in the intestines. I have many reasons to think about S.Boulardii in the future. One of the reasons is you must stop the natural products that have bactericidal activity in order to give a chance to the bacterial flora to recover. Oregano Oil, Garlic, GSE, etc are strong bactericidal probably very aggressive to the beneficial flora. If you want to recover the flora, you need to think about stopping these kind of supplements some day. But, during that time you need something to stop the yeast, something that be only antifungal. It could be S. Boulardii and the diet. Why not ??? Could be Nystatin and the diet too. There are some research claiming S. Boulardii allow the beneficial flora to regrowth at high speed better than with any other supplement.

Here is one study mentioning anticandida activity.
    http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0012050
    Jorge.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Is it commercially available? Can’t you try some if you have faith in it? It’d only take a few weeks to notice an improvement if it’s that effective, and then we’ll know for sure.

JohnnyPonny
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 39

Interesting, any supplement recomendations?

*JP*

raster
    Participant

teenies
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 16

dvjorge wrote: I have many reasons to think about S.Boulardii in the future. One of the reasons is you must stop the natural products that have bactericidal activity in order to give a chance to the bacterial flora to recover. Oregano Oil, Garlic, GSE, etc are strong bactericidal probably very aggressive to the beneficial flora. If you want to recover the flora, you need to think about stopping these kind of supplements some day.

Does that mean we shouldn’t be taking probiotics right now along with our anti-fungal treatments? Many of us seem to be taking probiotics right now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘You really should see this!’ is closed to new replies.