Yogurt

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  vaer 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Banshee
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

So dairy seems to be one of my iffy foods, but I would like to try incorporating some into my diet again.

I’ve crossed out cow’s milk completely and am now looking at goat’s and sheep’s milk foods solely, particularly for yogurt. Sheep’s yogurt is lower in sugar and higher in protein, which is awesome, but pretty expensive. Goat’s yogurt is more available, I can get it at the supermarket, but the only brand available has tapioca starch.

It’s still probiotic and reasonable in regards to sugar, but I am uncertain if this will aggravate the infection during the earlier stages? Maybe someone here has tried this brand before: http://www.redwoodhill.com/goat-yogurt/plain/

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

Have you thought about making your own yogurt? Then you can control the sugar content. It’s also super easy.

Why have you crossed out cow’s milk yogurt? If cow’s milk gives you issues, it’s still possible that the yogurt will be OK.

CrunchyMama
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 5

I would try making kefir. It tastes similar to yogurt (it can be more tart than yogurt) but it tastes very much like yogurt and it is just as versatile as yogurt. It also has so many more probiotics in it which fight the candida and restore healthy gut. You can make smoothies with it and even make cream cheese with it. The best thing is that you can consume it even if you are lactose intolerant. The probiotics eat the lactose which takes care of the sugar in the milk as well. So you don’t have to worry if the milk used will harm your gut or feed the candida. There’s no sugar left in it. You can use any kind of milk with kefir too: goats milk, cows milk-raw or pasteurized because the probiotics take care of that too. Kefir is very easy to make. You can purchase the culture on Ebay for $5-8 and they usually ship pretty fast because its a live culture. All you do is put the culture in milk-goats milk or whatever and leave it on the counter (covered) for 24 hours give or take and then you drain it! It’s creamy, it’s so healthy and you made it so you don’t have to worry about added ingredients, etc. I love it. If you like yogurt, you’d probably love it too. Hope this helps!

Banshee
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

Thanks for your responses. I’ve dabbled a bit with fermentation, more so as a fun weekend experiment. I’ve had some hits and misses. My main issue is that I don’t have as much time as I used to. I’ve admittedly also gotten a bit tired of having to make so many things myself, like many of you probably have, and will take a shortcut wherever I can.

That said, kefir cream cheese sounds heavenly. Will definitely keep that bit in mind.

Evflow
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Have you tried this one? I think it`s a high quality yogurt. I usually eat this. https://uk.fage/yoghurts/fage-total

ibeatthebeast
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 14

You absolutely need to cut out all dairy if you want to quickly and effectively kill candida. Trust me, I tried treating severe candida overgrowth with all types of high quality organic yogurt, including Redwood goats yogurt and kefir. My progress was severely hindered while I was eating these. As soon as I gave up all forms of dairy, my progress became noticeably better.

vaer
    Participant
    Replies: 17

Have you tried this one? I think it`s a high quality yogurt. I usually eat this. https://uk.fage/yoghurts/fage-total

Expensive but I’ve been meaning to try this one . Low sugar (lactose) content and some different bacteria cultures from the usual

vaer
    Participant
    Replies: 17

24 hour ‘SCD’ Yoghurt. All the lactose will be gone.

Can get a cheap yoghurt maker to incubate at desired temp

Have you thought about making your own yogurt? Then you can control the sugar content. It’s also super easy.
    Why have you crossed out cow’s milk yogurt? If cow’s milk gives you issues, it’s still possible that the yogurt will be OK.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Yogurt’ is closed to new replies.