Yogurt yes or no?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Yogurt yes or no?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Rabelais 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Lkjoy
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 4

I’ve been eating organic yogurt and drinking kefir (flavored) to help my candida and now I’ve read in Ann Boroch’s book The Candida Cure to avoid all dairy even yogurt and kefir. Soo which one is it? Helpful or slowing down my progress?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I recommend not consuming cows milk and go with goats milk. The reason is a lot of people are lactose intolerant in america where we have black and white cows but barely anyone is allergic to dairy in africa where they have brown cows. The type of cow makes a big difference.

I also recommend trying things out on your own and go a week with yogurt and a week without to see any changes. Try this with every food item including eggs and you likely will notice that you may be intolerant to some food items.

-raster

Lukey
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 67

What I usually do is make my own 24 hour “SCD” yogurt. First I heat organic milk to 150*F, let it cool to about 100*F, then add 1/8th TSP of Yogourmet yogurt starter and then let it ferment in the oven at about 100*F for 12-24 hours. There is no lactose left in it when it’s done, and each quart contains more probiotics than one whole $35 bottle of Theralac.

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 268

raster;57920 wrote: I recommend not consuming cows milk and go with goats milk. The reason is a lot of people are lactose intolerant in america where we have black and white cows but barely anyone is allergic to dairy in africa where they have brown cows. The type of cow makes a big difference.

You mentioned this before, and I provided my reaction a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, you don’t seem to have read my reaction.

Perhaps you could react this time?

Paperstars
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 47

I wondered about this too as it’s allowed in the safe food list but then Dvjorge mentioned the galactose feeds Candida but that the LAB in it also inhibits Candida growth so it’s quite hard to know what to follow. I didn’t find it hindering or promoting my health overall except that it helped improve my lactose intolerance. Before I would drink milk and have the classic signs of feeling gas/bloated, but now I drink it without any symptoms. I have withdrawn dairy to see if I’m somehow intolerant or not as Raster usually suggests to people on this forum, and it didn’t seem to be.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Paperstars;57962 wrote: I wondered about this too as it’s allowed in the safe food list but then Dvjorge mentioned the galactose feeds Candida but that the LAB in it also inhibits Candida growth so it’s quite hard to know what to follow. I didn’t find it hindering or promoting my health overall except that it helped improve my lactose intolerance. Before I would drink milk and have the classic signs of feeling gas/bloated, but now I drink it without any symptoms. I have withdrawn dairy to see if I’m somehow intolerant or not as Raster usually suggests to people on this forum, and it didn’t seem to be.

So its not in the safe foods list as an FYI…atleast in my list…

-raster

Paperstars
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 47

raster;57967 wrote:

I wondered about this too as it’s allowed in the safe food list but then Dvjorge mentioned the galactose feeds Candida but that the LAB in it also inhibits Candida growth so it’s quite hard to know what to follow. I didn’t find it hindering or promoting my health overall except that it helped improve my lactose intolerance. Before I would drink milk and have the classic signs of feeling gas/bloated, but now I drink it without any symptoms. I have withdrawn dairy to see if I’m somehow intolerant or not as Raster usually suggests to people on this forum, and it didn’t seem to be.

So its not in the safe foods list as an FYI…atleast in my list…

-raster

Milk isn’t, I’m aware. I just mentioned it in relation to lactose intolerance, but I was responding specifically to kefir which I was referring to about Dvjorge’s debate on galactose and LAB, which IS on your safe food list.

Fermented foods:
    (Almost all fermented foods are safe for the diet, I would avoid ones high in starch and sugar)

Sauerkraut
    Homemade Kefir
    Kim Chi

But I guess I should have been more clear in my post that I was talking about kefir.

Rabelais
    Blocked

Rabelais;57949 wrote:

I recommend not consuming cows milk and go with goats milk. The reason is a lot of people are lactose intolerant in america where we have black and white cows but barely anyone is allergic to dairy in africa where they have brown cows. The type of cow makes a big difference.

You mentioned this before, and I provided my reaction a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, you don’t seem to have read my reaction.

Perhaps you could react this time?Hi raster,

Any reaction on the cow front?

ahux
    Replies: 8

I’m confused though – there is an extensive post saying NO Kefir so I’m not sure what is correct – yes it helps or no it hinders?

Rabelais
    Blocked

Opinions differ, it seems.

You might find out what works for you, and what doesn’t. Find your own route to improvement. Accepting that certainty doesn’t exist.

You could also decide to follow one school of thought and ignore all others. That will give you certainty, though it’ll only be a feeling of certainty, no real certainty.

Just decide what attracts you most. Only you can make that decision, and you can only decide for yourself, not for others.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Yogurt yes or no?’ is closed to new replies.