Yogurt ?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

89Mirageman
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 55

I bought some Dannon Oikos Greek Nonfat Yogurt from the grocery store last night. Is this OK for the diet? Its not organic, 6g of carbs & 6g of sugar.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The benefits of the probiotic found in the yogurt outweigh the conseqeunces of dairy or 6g of sugar; so go for it!

On a side note: organic yogurt is preferred because it won’t contain any antibiotics, hormones, or other drugs that they use on the cattle. Traditional western farming practices put tons of unhealthy things in the animals which are then transmitted to the foods that they create.

Here’s an article about it:
    http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/2006/12.07/11-dairy.html

How’s your recovery going? You said that you wanted to go onto stage 2, how are you coping with it so far?

-Raster

89Mirageman

Well I’ve eaten a few granny smith apples with no issues. I have also cheated and ate some cashews, from the can at that but no issues with those either. I have since cut the cashews out though. Haven’t ate any meat since last weekend but we fried some tilapia today, dipped them in organic egg and covered them with buckwheat flour and fried them in olive oil and they were pretty good.

Still having the stomach issues though which sucks. I’m starting to wonder if they are even related to candida or not. Maybe a separate issue all together, I’m not sure.

Tasted the yogurt and almost gagged lol. Then I got to thinking. So I added a little organic apple cider vinegar, some sea salt, olive oil, a few packets of stevia and hit it with the mixer and used it as a veggie dip and it was great. I cut up a cucumber and covered it with my special concoction. This would also be really good on a salad too. Its not ranch but a lot better than oil/vinegar in my opinion.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

89Mirageman wrote: I bought some Dannon Oikos Greek Nonfat Yogurt from the grocery store last night. Is this OK for the diet? Its not organic, 6g of carbs & 6g of sugar.

I’ve never seen a carton of Oikos Greek yogurt that wasn’t organic, are you certain about that?

89Mirageman

I’m positive, it doesn’t say organic anywhere on it. Plus it was only like $1.19 for the container, I found the organic kinda at Whole Foods a few days ago and they were like $2.00.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

89Mirageman wrote: I’m positive, it doesn’t say organic anywhere on it. Plus it was only like $1.19 for the container, I found the organic kinda at Whole Foods a few days ago and they were like $2.00.

Since you’ve purchased it, and it sounds like a fairly small container, I’d take it, but just a little at a time. Three bites at a time until you’re certain that you aren’t receiving a reaction from it.

Able

Munoz
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 32

Is because is the “Dannone” Brand, they put oikos on the lid with the same blue letters to get the people confused with the original brands. I saw them.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I sweaten the yogurt with stevia. And I eat about 25 blueberries with it; this is appoximately 8g of sugar. You might want to consider this as well.

The stomach issues very well could not be related to candida; usually there is a cascading effect with health problems where one thing messes up something else. This is my thoughts on it at least.

Try adding some inulin to your yogurt and breads; this can heal the gut as well.

-Raster

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Yogurt ?’ is closed to new replies.