Yogurt

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  whyitsme 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Alex27
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

Maybe I am being stupid but I am confused about yogurt. I have been eating plain organic yogurt with no added sugar. I am in the detox stage of the diet and I’ve been reading conflicting reports and I’m thinking about eliminating it for the time being, perhaps until I am sure the candida is dead. Any advice? Many thanks.

sarah
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 24

Plain unsweetened yogurt can be beneficial since it contains live cultures that help replenish the healthy bacteria in your body, much like probiotic supplements, and these bacteria help prevent the overgrowth of candida. At the same time, even unsweetened yogurt does naturally contain some milk sugars, and some people have sensitivities to dairy products. So, like a number of things on this diet, it’s generally allowed but some people have to proceed with caution.

Myself, I went completely dairy free for about the first two weeks of this diet. Then, I had several servings of unsweetened plain kefir (a cultured milk drink that is similar to yogurt but not as thick). My nasal/sinus symptoms seemed to get worse immediately. I’m not positive whether this was the result of the dairy, or whether it was just a coincidence and I was starting to experience die-off symptoms. I’m going without the kefir again for a few days to see if it helps (so far it hasn’t, and I currently suspect this is just die-off and not a food reaction). In a couple more days I’ll try adding it back and see if it makes things worse.

Terrylee5151
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 20

Alex
    I didn’t do the yogurt until later in the candida diet. Yogurt has some sugar in it and I waited to use it at about the same time I added fruit back in.

Alex27
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

Many thanks for the advice. It is much appreciated. I think I am going to leave yogurt out for a couple of weeks and see how it goes. Cheers

whyitsme
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 72

I waited until week 8 to add back yogurt as a main staple, since with all the allergies candida caused I had previously had some issues with it. (Think I had twice during that 8 weeks). I eat full fat greek yogurt. I added frozen bluebeeries and raspberries to it(to sweeten it). I hadn’t eaten berries until week 8 either at that point. I now have a bowl of it with berries, probably 3-5 times a week.

I then added daily probiotics (10 million cultures) for about 45 days at about 10 weeks. I now only take about 3-4 times a week (8 million).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Yogurt’ is closed to new replies.