Yogert that ferments in room temperature

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Yogert that ferments in room temperature

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  JohnnyPonny 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

JohnnyPonny
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 39

Found these two yogurt types yesterday and ordered them. The nice thing about them is that you dont need a “yogert maker” etc.

Fil mjølk yogurt:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fil-Mjolk-Yogurt-Starter-ORGANIC-/390375574455?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ae4328bb7

Viili yogurt:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Viili-Culture-Yogurt-Starter-Finnish-Curd-ORGANIC-/390377092870?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ae449b706

You will probely find the produkts on other sites to. This was the most ideal place for ordering in my case.

*JohnnyPonny*

Lorelei
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 28

Hello JP –
    Have you gotten a chance to try the yoghurts yet? I emailed them to ask what strains were in the yoghurt and what the ideal room temperature is. Our house is at about 66 during the day and 60 at night. It might be to cold…

JohnnyPonny

Hey

No havent got the starters yet.
    Probely a good idea to check out before ordering. I just saw the word “probiotic” in the headline and thought this has to be a produkt for me. Really hope that I can consume them without problems. Seems so much easyer.

Btw read good stuff about “Caspian sea yogurt”. Wish I ordered that one too.

*JohnnyPonny*

Lorelei

I’m checking it out too.

They got back to me right away and said as long as you wrap a big towel around the jar, it will be fine. (ferment ok that is.)

I did post a question on the yeast content of the Viili yoghurt and the water kefir grains. Wikipedia has the kefir grains listed as containing candida.

Did you check out their website? http://www.savvyteasandherbs.com

They list all the strains that are contained in the yoghurts/kefirs. It’s also a bit cheaper to order from them directly.

Lorelei

And Able answered the question already about the yeast in yoghurt/kefir:

There are many types of yeast including beneficial yeast just as there are beneficial bacteria. Kefir contains beneficial yeast which can benefit the treatment against Candida yeast. There’s even a type of commercial probiotic yeast called S. boulardii.

JohnnyPonny

Very good page, tnx for the link. Great that they have so good information on the content of there yogurts. Think Im going to ordere caspian and greek yogurt form them.

*JohnnyPonny*

Lorelei

So I have been enjoying my Viili yoghurt now for a couple of days. (for a non yoghurt lover, this isn’t all that bad – with stevia added.)
    The first batch smelled and tasted very yeasty. I asked about it and was told this is airborne yeast from traveling and will dissipate with the next few batches.

The second batch was indeed much better. I need to let the yoghurt sit much longer than recommended. (24 hrs instead of 18) but our house is pretty cool.

Cream is recommended over milk to make a thicker yoghurt. And I wonder if cream would be better since it has less sugar. The organic cream I bought contains 0 g sugar per tbsp where the 1% org. milk contains 12 grams of sugar per cup which would equate to .75 g sugar per tbsp.- If you would eat a cup of yoghurt a day, there could be a significant difference in sugar you are NOT eating, if you made the yoghurt with cream only. Of course I don’t know how much of the sugar gets digested by the yoghurt cultures….

JohnnyPonny

Im trying out fil mjølk now. The batches I have made so far has been very thin in consistence. I used skimmed milk in the beginning but the last cup I added a tabel spoon of heavy cream, made a ticker consistense. The instruktion calls for heavy cream btw. Didn’t read them in the beginning.

I read about processed whole milk in a book called “Nourishing traditions” author “Sally Fallon”. She explains that the fat in the milk isen’t good for you. I search the nett on it and found some back up info there. But that dosen’t make it true of course.

So my sulution was to use skimmed milk with heavy cream added. Use about 2 tabel spoons of heavy cream on 1 cup skimmed milk. Skimmed milk and heavy cream is just pasteurized.

*JP*

JohnnyPonny

Gave up the fil mjølk. Hope that I will do bether with the caspian sea yogurt or viili culture.

*JP*

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Yogert that ferments in room temperature’ is closed to new replies.