yisucks

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

I have been on the candida diet for 2 years now. Unfortunately, I feel that the first year was pretty much a wash…I was eating too much greek yogurt, had a lot of flatulence and wasn’t really making any progress. So I guess you could say 1 legitimate year.

Over the last year, I have spent a good amount of time working with Raster’s naturopath, and felt it helped, but wasn’t making any sort of speedy progress. About a month ago, I transitioned off a lot of his supplements—because they are antifungal—and started taking Florastor—4-5 capsules a day, based on what I was reading on here (mainly raster and dvjorge inspired me). This week, I attempted doing an enema with boulardii – twice a week and did some clear water flushes first to get rid of the fecal matter. I’ve only done this twice so far although I have done enemas before with various substances (didn’t feel it helped me and stopped).

Since I started the enema, I have noticed something interesting. The first time, I think I did see 1 or 2 strings baked into my BM (gross- sorry) which I’ve never seen before. What I typically had been seeing while working with raster’s ND, was that my regular BMs were formed, but were gross looking—they had little pieces of white dots throughout that almost looked like seeds. After an enema, I do see a lot of this gross stuff. However, my last 2-3 regular BMs (in between enemas) have looked smooth and not filled with the yucky stuff. They look more normal. I am unsure if this is good or bad though. Thoughts?

Also, on the boulardii, I do not seem to react to foods that I may have reacted to before. Pumpkin, almonds, teff—all fine. Granted, I feel I reacted more to stuff while working with raster’s ND, so maybe that was a good sign. I definitely want to try buckwheat groats or oat bran or yogurt to see if I react, because I used to get mucousy in my throat with that. Buckwheat cereal is fine. If that doesn’t happen, I’ll hope that means I’m knocking back the yeast, though before I started the diet I didn’t react to any bad foods. I still find this confusing. I will update once I try oat bran or groats.

The symptoms I do still have are: white coated tongue or yellow coated tongue (it’s up and down…some days it looks better than others, and always looks best first thing in the morning, interestingly) and excessive discharge, which I know is not yeast…but is some unknown ‘bad’ bacteria. I know I have a bacterial problem too, and hope the boulardii can help with that too, but am unsure. Other than that, I don’t have symptoms, but these two symptoms have been the main two I’ve had for the last 6 months. I am still struggling to get rid of them, though have found that using probiotics vaginally for a long period of time is helpful.

I do feel boulardii is very strong – moreso than anything else I’ve tried. I had never seen a string before that enema with boulardii (granted it could have been mucus). I’m not sure if I am better off with raster’s NDs supplements or the boulardii, but I am going to keep going with the boulardii for a few months (and infrequent enemas—1-2x a week, I don’t want to become dependent) and see if I can make a real dent here.

I’ll keep you all updated on how I’m doing.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Good stuff yi…

The reason you are not reacting to foods is because the boulardii is highly anti-inflammatory and so when the inflammation reduces, then your gut can heal and nothing will travel through the holes in the gut to your bloodstream…

But this is only a temporary short term reduction in the inflammation unfortunately and it will return slowly as you cheat from my experience, even slight cheats.

As far as long term results, I wouldn’t put too much faith into it personally. I think its great for temporary major reduction in yeast but I feel it will come back in time unless you take care of yourself and be careful, etc. I think you likely need to build yourself up more before you reap all of the long term benefits that this can provide and so this would likely involve going back to bernies plan for a period of time.

My plan is to do boulardii every 4 months or so for 1 month and then go back to regular bernie plan afterwareds and maybe you’ll do this once you see that it only works temporarily…

I haven’t messed around with enemas so can’t provide any feedback. I think that a boulardii protocol would work well with nystatin personally.

-raster

yisucks
    Participant

That’s really great feedback. Yeah I definitely think I will want to do more with bernie once I get the yeast down. Bernie is really focused on all my issues (bacterial, etc) not just yeast, so I appreciate his well rounded approach. My goal is to do this for a couple to a few months, hopefully see some dramatic improvements, and then go back to Bernie to fully heal myself.I think this would be a real good plan!

yisucks
    Participant

Raster- I should have asked…you aren’t sounding as positive about the boulardii. What happened? Once you went off, your gains diminished?

raster
    Participant

I’ve been cheating a bunch on weekends and the inflammation has returned. I don’t know if the yeast is back or not but I think it went from like 1% to maybe 3% or something (hard to measure) in population levels…so I conclude its a great temporary weapon to use.

-raster

yisucks
    Participant

Oh ok. But what I don’t get with that is that its normal to have yeast in the body so why can’t you cheat vs.the rest of the world that has no problems if they eat cookies, beer etc every day? I guess 1% is still too high/not fully healed? Maybe normal is like 0.0001% or something?

raster
    Participant

I think that the methylation cycles and/or environmental factors cause it to get bad again (such as mercury)…which requires a different treatment.

-raster

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘yisucks’ is closed to new replies.