Yet another coconut bread recipe (with yoghurt and less eggs)

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Bread Recipes Yet another coconut bread recipe (with yoghurt and less eggs)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  marjan 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Allira
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

2 eggs
    1/2 cup appropriate oil (I used olive)
    1 cup plain organic unsweetened greek yoghurt
    3/4 cup coconut flour
    3/4 teaspoon aluminium free baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt

Mix together, bake at 200C about half hour, in a greased (again with appropriate oil, I used coconut) loaf tin.

Comes out moist with a slight tangy flavour. Yum!

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

I’m going to try this today. I was just thinking about using some greek yogurt when I made my batch today. Have you ever used coconut oil? Thinking about trying that too???

wishnhope
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 80

I made a loaf of this version last night.. definitely more moist! Tastes a little reminiscent of sourdough doughnuts.. mmmmm

mariegirl
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 45

I think I’ll try it with kefir and add a little more flour, because kefir is a runnier. But, aren’t we suppose to stay away from baking powder?

mariegirl

mariegirl
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 45

Well, I made this loaf about an hour ago and it definitely is moist and more flavorful. But it’s so crumbly that I can’t cut it. I used kefir and added about 1/4 cup more flour. I don’t know what would make it so crumbly. Any suggestions?

mariegirl

Candid N
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 8

mariegirl wrote: Well, I made this loaf about an hour ago and it definitely is moist and more flavorful. But it’s so crumbly that I can’t cut it. I used kefir and added about 1/4 cup more flour. I don’t know what would make it so crumbly. Any suggestions?

mariegirl

My guess is it’s the extra flour.

Chilli
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 28

I’ve just made this into muffins, for my Easter treat while everyone else enjoys their hot X buns and easter eggs etc. Delicious!

BelleAuNaturel
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 4

mariegirl wrote: I think I’ll try it with kefir and add a little more flour, because kefir is a runnier. But, aren’t we suppose to stay away from baking powder?

mariegirl

That rang a bell for me as well. Baking powder makes this rise, right? … keyword: Rise =/

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

Use aluminum-free baking soda. Works great. Most baking powders contain starch which should be avoided on the diet.

jakecaresforu459
    Replies: 20

Allira wrote:

Comes out moist with a slight tangy flavour. Yum!

And I call that a Candida friendly bread! So yummy! 🙂

julsey414
    Replies: 2

mariegirl;15920 wrote: Well, I made this loaf about an hour ago and it definitely is moist and more flavorful. But it’s so crumbly that I can’t cut it. I used kefir and added about 1/4 cup more flour. I don’t know what would make it so crumbly. Any suggestions?

mariegirl

As someone who has done a whole bunch of gluten free baking before this (i’m brand new to the forum and to candida) I think that breads will tend to get crumbly because of the lack of protein structure holding them together (thats what the gluten does!) A good way to help this is with ground flax seed. Take a tablespoon of ground flax and whisk it with a couple tablespoons of hot water until it feels sorta like a raw egg. Add that, and it will greatly help binding the loaf.

stovariste
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 116

we tried this today, and its too obese. It’s tasty though, but the form is not solid enough.

We did change it a bit, adding a little of psyllium to make it more solid, which did not succeed :). We used a cup of kefir.

BUT, indeed its really tasty.

Maybe with some modifications this can be top food 🙂

lucidity
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 11

I just tried this recipe and the bread turned out beautifully!
    I didn’t change a thing (except that I had a bit less of yoghurt than it’s required), and already see lots of possible variations to bake. Inspiring!
    By the way, the taste reminds me of curd donuts my grandma sometimes makes. Ah, miss that so much..

Thanks again for a recipe!

marjan
    Participant
    Replies: 8

I made it tonight. It was quite good. It had been a long time I did not eat bread. I used 4eggs but still it was not too eggy. it’s very good recipe.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Yet another coconut bread recipe (with yoghurt and less eggs)’ is closed to new replies.