yellow tongue won't go away-please help!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions yellow tongue won't go away-please help!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mygutleaks 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

random6
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

I’ve been perusing this forum and other sites for advice for about a month, when I discovered my tongue has a thick yellow coating on the back and the sides, which I also had diagnosed by my MD as oral candida.

I started the candida diet, currently using Saccharomyces Boulardii as a probiotic, started taking Betaine HCL with my meals, and using Triphala since I’ve had a chronic IBS problems which has gotten significantly worse over the past 2 years (I had the celiac test, and it was negative).

Before the diflucan I haven’t taken antibiotics at all in the past 3 years and the last time I remember taking them was for a sinus infection a few years back. I’m otherwise healthy.

I’ve tried everything in the past month for my tongue which is the worst part of this, otherwise I don’t feel too bad (although the Diflucan is making me tired–doctor just prescribed a 2 week course of this since the antibiotic lozenges didn’t do a thing).

SO after trying the gentian violet 3x, gargling with GSE, oregano oil, coconut oil pulling, my tongue looks the same as it did a month ago.

DOes anyone have any solution for the yellow tongue? I’m hoping the diflucan will help it, but any advice would be appreciated.

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

This symptom is one of last ones that will disappear. Do you have intestinal candida?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You need to reduce the numbers within the gut for oral thrush to go away. This can take as long as 6-18 months. It will be one of your last remaining symptoms.

-raster

random6
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Thanks for the quick replies, everyone! 6 months is a long time. I don’t really read about many people having a yellow tongue, so I was curious to see what others have experienced.

I do have IBS which has been improved by not eating processed foods. Don’t know about intestinal candida–is there such a test that is accurate? If there is, I would guess I’m doing the right things by changing diet, adding probiotic and triphala. I also have to get back to doing yoga and my nordic track, which I haven’t done much of lately since I’m feeling so cruddy.

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

it’s at least 6 mo. could be longer. for me, my white tongue comes back if I eat too many sugary veggies, sweet potato, etc.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘yellow tongue won't go away-please help!’ is closed to new replies.