Yeast strains in kefir good or bad?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Yeast strains in kefir good or bad?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Teresa
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

I’ve been drinking home made kefir for about a year and started getting YI shortly thereafter. I’m worried that the more than 25 strains of yeast in kefir are what has caused my sudden YI. I’m having a hard time finding any info about it anywhere. They talk a lot about the benefits of the many probiotics. I hadn’t had a YI in about 25 years until now? Coincidence? Any opinions?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Homemade kefir is part of our protocol. It’s the perfect food for a Candida overgrowth and helps to re-establish beneficial bacteria colonies. The types of yeasts that are in kefir are beneficial to the treatment as well.

There are good yeasts and bad yeasts, just like with bacteria. Think about the health food, Brewer’s yeast, this contains strains of beneficial yeasts.

Something else was going on when you contracted the yeast infections if the kefir was properly made. If it is not fermented properly or long enough or at the correct temperature, then lactose sugar can remain behind in the end product.

Were you on any antibiotics at all during that time? Also, what was the rest of your diet like while drinking the kefir?

Able

Teresa
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

I’m getting ready to try this died because I think it must be something else also. I did take one week of antibiotics but it was more recently, maybe four months ago. My diet is pretty healthy, but I do eat a lit of fruit, that’s probably where I get too much sugar. I try to avoid processed foods. I bake my own bread from wheat I grind. My YI are pretty specific, in that they are regular like a period, happening at the end of each period, every single month. Never thought about changing brands of tampon, I’ll do that this month. I’ve always used the same kind, but it didn’t occur to me they might change their formula. I’ve never seen an organic brand. Does anyone know a company or website for them?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Teresa;30181 wrote: I’ve never seen an organic brand. Does anyone know a company or website for them?

This is an organic brand.
    http://www.seventhgeneration.com/Organic-Tampons

I bake my own bread from wheat I grind

Wheat feeds the yeast just like sugar does because it contains a “wheat starch” which changes into sugar during digestion. You can still make bread by following this recipe, and there are others on the forum in the recipe section. Bread Recipes

Able

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Yeast strains in kefir good or bad?’ is closed to new replies.