yeast infection after 60 days of diet – is it normal?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions yeast infection after 60 days of diet – is it normal?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Now Gone 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

tal angel
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

Please advise:
    I have just finished going through all 4 phases of the candida diet, and am just now experiencing another vaginal yeast infection along with an oral thrush. This is really upsetting, since I have followed the diet so strictly! I never had one bit of sugar or any fruit throughout the last 2 months, nor any carbohydrate foods.
    Does this mean I need to go on with the diet? and for how long? and how do I know I have gotten rid of the Candida and can start re-introducing foods?

Now Gone
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 43

Hi Tal Angel,
    If the diet isn’t working, something else is going on. Have you had a complete physical to rule out other health issues? Is your immune system down? Are you dealing with unresolved stress? Stress is a big factor in candida. Are you taking pro-biotics and pre-biotics daily to encourage the good bacteria to grow? Are you drinking chlorinated water or eating foods with preservatives or emulsifiers as this interferes with the gut lining? Remember the bad bacteria is a normal part of your body and should be there, it’s just out of balance with the good bacteria.

tal angel
    Participant

Hi Donna,
    regarding your questions:
    1. my stress level isn’t high at the moment. I have made a big effort to lower it in the last year.
    2. i am taking pro-biotics as mentioned in the candida diet. I am not sure what pre-biotics are??
    3. I am drinking tap water. here in Israel I am not quite sure if the water is chlorinated or not. I will check.
    4. am not eating preservatives (dont like them :))
    I did learn recently that exposure to mold can effect candida. I didn’t know that, and I now realize that there is quite a bit of mold in my house. will start taking care of that as well.
    If you have any more suggestions I will be glad to hear them.
    what I also learned that the diet can sometimes take a few months with some people, and with some it can take up to a year… so maybe I need to just continue and be patient for a while…

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The x-factor in your treatment is not the diet but the supplements you take. Are you taking anti-candida supplements like SF722, HMF neuro, etc? What is your plan to get better, take antifungals and probiotics?

-raster

Now Gone
    Participant

Hi Tal Angel, Glad you answered some of my questions. Did you have a physical, health checkup from a medical doctor to rule out diabetes or some other problem? Pre-biotics are the special sugars that encourages the good bacteria to grow in the gut. At the health food store it’s called FOS and should be taken with the pro-biotics. At the point where you can tolerate yams or black beans, lentils, those are good, they are called resistant starches. These are I believe long chain sugars ogliosacchrides (I probably spelled that wrong), but the good yeasts need those to feed on. Mold can definitely affect your immune system and if it’s struggling you will have yeast, sort of like if they give you steroids for something if suppresses your immune system and you will quickly develop yeast. If you are susceptible to yeast problems you will probably have to really watch what your diet the rest of your life, so yes, keep on the anti-yeast diet. Chinese medicine believes persons who have dampness usually caused by a weak digestion/spleen where food is not digested well and allows mucous to build up in the system are susceptible to yeast problems. So this is an underlying systemic problem for those of us who are susceptible to yeast imbalance. I do also take some anti-fungals capyrilic acid, oregon grape root, oregano oil, Pau D Arco, etc. Also glutamine to heal the gut lining. Some people also suggest taking supplements like monolaurin or serrazines which is supposed to keep the bad yeast from proliferating so much in the mucous membranes. I don’t know about that, haven’t read the scientific studies. But I do think the anti-fungals help you recover faster.

Jaumeb
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 148

Low carb diets encourage yeast overgrowth. You need to find some starch (quinoa, buckwheat, lentils … ) that works for you.

Now Gone
    Participant

The good yeasts need certain carbs to feed on and grow that contain the long chain sugars, ogliosacchrides. I get along well with yams, quinoa, millet, amaranth, gluten free oat groats, black beans and chickpeas.

Now Gone
    Participant

Another thing I learned in my life time experience with candida is that you’ve got to have the fiber which is where the resistant starches and good carbs come in for your gut to be healthy and the good yeast to grow. The high protein (good meats) and no carbs help temporarily in the beginning when you are trying to get the bad yeast down, but long term the good yeast has to grow in the environment it likes.

tal angel
    Participant

thank you Donna and Jaumeb,
    I have just finished the 60 days of diet following very closely the Ultimate Candida Diet book. It doesnt mension even once anything about FOS or good yeasts. so I am surprised to hear about it.
    I am taking the Probiotics she has recommended by Healthy Origins but they do not contain FOS. I am also taking a mixture of anti fungals and some detox suppluments. I dont eat meat or chicken, only fish, and I eat quinoa and buckweat every day (dont like millet). I havent introduced any new foods yet, not beans or lentiles or yams. I was thinking of waiting a bit longer before I start introducing them, since I still have some yeast infections. but after reading what you said, maybe I should start eating them now.
    regarding FOS, do you recommend any specific supplements of any company?

tal angel
    Participant

regarding my health, I have had a complete blood test a few months ago and it was all fine except my iron and b12 which are a bit low, so I take those supplements as well.

Jaumeb
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 148

I didn’t know you were taking buckwheat and quinoa. Those have decent amounts of starch and I am also eating them. I was confused because in your first message you said you were avoiding carbs. You can ignore my previous message.

We are in the same boat. I feel the diet is not enough but I don’t know what else I can do.

tal angel
    Participant

To Raster:
    I take probiotics and antifungals as well as die-off supplements (Candidate, vitamin C, NAC, milk thisle) as mentioned on the UCD book.
    I dont know what SF722 or HMF neoro are.
    Can you explain more about that please?

tal angel
    Participant

To Raster:
    I take probiotics and antifungals as well as die-off supplements (Candidate, vitamin C, NAC, milk thisle) as mentioned on the UCD book.
    I dont know what SF722 or HMF neoro are.
    Can you explain more about that please?

Now Gone
    Participant

Tal Angel, I didn’t really understand about the pre-biotics for a while either. But it totally makes sense. If you’re going to grow a garden you can’t just plant seeds (probiotics) as the soil might not be correct or it could be depleted or too dry. You would have to make sure you have the correct type of environment that would nourish the seeds so they will grow. That’s what the pre-biotics do, so you can take the FOS or eat a diet that contains the correct starches and sugars for the good yeasts. I sometimes do both, but I much prefer getting the diet correct. I’m also suspect about too much acidity and it’s effect on the mucous membranes such as drinking coffee. I only drink one cup of organic, decaf coffee a day and recently I’ve quit that because it was irritating my bladder and giving me heartburn, so may not be good for the gut also. That’s why I questioned your water as I think chlorine is not good either. I don’t know what the SF722 or the HMF neoro are either. I’ve never taken them. I’ve always been able to get my yeast back under control. I really find the biggest culprits for reoccurences are stress, refined sugars and antibiotics. I can maintain pretty well if I keep those three things under control.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Here are the 10 ways or so to fight yeast that I compiled based on people’s experiences on the forum:
    https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forums/topic/alternative-methods-to-get-better-if-you-reach-a-dead-end-in-your-treatmenrasters-perspective-41/

Of the 10 methods listed, the starvation method and replenishing with probiotics is maybe the least effective treatment option imo. It is because of immune system imbalance and a variety of other things including each of use having out own “version” of yeast overgrowth, also called candida related complex. In other words these treatments are going to have varying degrees of effectiveness because of your own internal environment and this is why I recommend professional help to get better.

A lot of these websites and programs are very similar and they do not have 100% effectiveness nor does any of the other treatments I provided. I don’t have familiarity with the complete 60 day program on this website but I am guessing its not going to work for most people because it lacks holistic focus and kind of uses a one size fits all approach.

What most people are going to experience after trying something like this out should vary, but I encourage people to strive to get better and educate themselves about this syndrome. Some people will give up, some people will seek professional care, and some people will continue to treat themselves haphazardly for years to come.

Some of the supplements I mentioned have truly great success rates. Just look at the reviews of SF722 online and HMF neuro (which is used for treating autistic patients). SF722 causes the yeast to morph between pathogenic and non-pathogenic state and basically suppresses the yeast. The HMF neuro is the only human derive probiotic on the market in US. You likely will need quite more beyond this including digestive enzymes (I recommend pro-gest or super silica plus), digestive aids (zypan and AF betafood are good examples), anti-inflammatory supplements (such as fermented cod liver oil, L-glutamine, flax oil, okra pepsin), etc. You might need something that is more specific to your needs such as addressing underlying problems such as SIBO (zymex II can be used for this) or adrenal/thyroid problems (center of immune system, supplement with iodine, thytrophin). Most of this stuff I list is basically naturopathic grade stuff that professionals use. Another probiotic that is worth checking out is megasporebiotic which survives acidity in the stomach better than other non-spore probiotics. You’ll also need to continue to clean out the liver so that the toxins don’t recirculate.

Or you can skip a lot of this and focus on getting the candida hypo-sensitization allergy immune shots, or trying out s.boulardii with kombucha, etc. These are more affordable shorter duration options.

Most people fight this for years and have compromised immune systems due to lifestyle, lack of gut flora, mercury toxicity, damaged thyroid, etc.

-raster

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘yeast infection after 60 days of diet – is it normal?’ is closed to new replies.