Yeast and Yeast Extract? Are they the same?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Yeast and Yeast Extract? Are they the same?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

kmoats22
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hi, I’ve just started eliminating yeast out of my diet. I was told to avoid baker’s yeast the kind that is put into breads. I notice though that there is a food additive called yeast extract that is in alot of foods and I’m just wondering is this something I have to eliminate as well? I’ve read online that yeast extract isn’t active yeast like regular baker’s yeast so yeast extract is fine, but I’m also reading where people are saying it’s bad. Can someone please give me insight on the difference between baker’s yeast and yeast extract, and if yeast extract is still okay to have when you’ve been told to avoid baker’s yeast???

whyitsme
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 72

You need to avoid anything that has to do with yeast, as well as processed food. If says yeast extract than you can’t have (processed). Vinegar is made from yeast, which is why you can’t have that either.

syole
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

OP

Yeast Extract is okay because the yeast has been blown apart in the making of this product instead of using them to ferment it, no actual yeast is whole and is therefore no longer the bacterial yeast.

A good example would be fearing two little ants because they may form a colony on your land, and not purchasing any compost bags or sand because there may be ants in these products. So you come here and ask whether dead ant smash paste is okay to purchase.

The answer is yes because there’s really nothing left of the infectious kind, and anyone who tells you any different needs to study microbiology.

(This may be an old topic but it came up in google and I wanted to make a point)

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

syole;51331 wrote:

Yeast Extract is okay because the yeast has been blown apart in the making of this product instead of using them to ferment it, no actual yeast is whole and is therefore no longer the bacterial yeast.

A good example would be fearing two little ants because they may form a colony on your land, and not purchasing any compost bags or sand because there may be ants in these products. So you come here and ask whether dead ant smash paste is okay to purchase.

The answer is yes because there’s really nothing left of the infectious kind, and anyone who tells you any different needs to study microbiology.

(This may be an old topic but it came up in google and I wanted to make a point)

Thank You!

TheXtremisT
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 126

syole;51331 wrote:

OP

Except this is not applicable to many people who suffer from Candida.

You are only touching on part of the problem, what you’re ignoring are the mycotoxins.

I for example, cannot have any products that have had yeast involved, no matter if they are dead or absent in the final food product because the toxins/by-products are still present in quantities sufficient enough to trigger an immune response by my body.

This is why we are told to avoid vinegar, mushrooms, products containing lactic or citric acids because they have mycotoxins present.

There are many people who suffer from an over-reaction to yeast/yeast by-products, and they can certainly weaken our immune systems because of it, regardless of whether there are no yeast.

Plus yeast is not a bacterium, it is a fungus-based organism.

And I’d suggest you study microbiology because it’s clear you know nothing about it.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I have consumed small amounts of yeast in my supplements throughout my treatment and it hasn’t been a problem. I encourage everyone to try it out to see if they can tolerate it or not.

-raster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Yeast and Yeast Extract? Are they the same?’ is closed to new replies.