Yay or Nay for this no grain cupcake recipe?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Yay or Nay for this no grain cupcake recipe?

This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Marbro 7 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 59

If I take out the honey and replace the xylitol with stevia, how’s this recipe sound for someone who is most likely coming to a point on the strict diet where she can start adding in some foods?

It’s my mom’s 50th birthday in two weeks, and I was mulling making these and trying them out.

Honest thoughts and opinions {like I’d get anything else here!} welcomed.

http://www.healthyindulgences.net/2009/07/healthy-cake-with-secret-part-2-gluten.html

{Also, they taste amazing so say my kiddos and husband!}

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

Oh how I can only hope that the great wise ones will approve this yummy treat. I know I would not try for a ways down the line but the hope of something like this….gives me hope 🙂

I will wait for the nod of approval..but I bet not….vanilla….

Hy

Jackie2 wrote: Oh how I can only hope that the great wise ones will approve this yummy treat. I know I would not try for a ways down the line but the hope of something like this….gives me hope 🙂

I will wait for the nod of approval..but I bet not….vanilla….

Oh yes, must add that I would use the special Alcohol free and sigar free vanilla bean flakes instead of the other stuff. Maybe that will improve our chances of getting the green flag? Lol! For reals, though, we heart our candida experts who give is doses of reality when needed! 🙂

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

Wow thanks for sharing. I am going to try it but I believe the forum protocol does not allow for beans till the second stage of their diet.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

It should still be delicious without the beans though. And for stage 2, why not?

So what say Thee o great Candida Experts 😉

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Lo and behold, a cupcake, with white beans! Who woulda thunk it.

The beans, however, aren’t my biggest problem with this alluring looking chuck of enjoyment. It’s the organic butter in the icing; so I assume you would use an alternative to the butter.

So, Hy, with the changes you’ve mentioned, there’s no reason that white beans can’t be the food you test, and it would be twice as safe if you substitute something for the organic butter as well as using vanilla beans instead of the extract. And folks, this is strictly for anyone who is at or almost at the point where you’re ready to add a new food item to your diet.

But let me ask a question of you and those among you who are no doubt more adapt at reconstructing recipes than I am. Would there be a problem with making two more cupcakes from the recipe than what is called for? If you could do that, then you’d only have slightly over an ounce of white beans per cupcake, and a slightly smaller cupcake as well… Am I totally insane at suggesting such a thing? If so, then I’d go for it anyway. Just don’t devour the entire batch before the party gets started -and I’ll take about four over here on my desk, please.

Able

PS: Hate saying it, but you’ll want to be on the lookout for reactions showing up, right?

NewDay
    Replies: 25

Question. Is there a baking powder that is approved for our diet? I normally use tatar and baking soda. For some reason, I can no longer seem to find tartar in town without starch…

Able900
    Spectator

NewDay wrote: Question. Is there a baking powder that is approved for our diet? I normally use tatar and baking soda. For some reason, I can no longer seem to find tartar in town without starch…

If you can’t locate the tartar, Rumford Aluminum-free Baking Powder is probably the next best thing; unless you can find a starch-free as well.

Able

Marbro
    Replies: 252

Coconut oil is a good substitute for butter. Use a 1:1 ratio.

Jackie2
    Participant

Able900 wrote: Lo and behold, a cupcake, with white beans! Who woulda thunk it.

The beans, however, aren’t my biggest problem with this alluring looking chuck of enjoyment. It’s the organic butter in the icing; so I assume you would use an alternative to the butter.

So, Hy, with the changes you’ve mentioned, there’s no reason that white beans can’t be the food you test, and it would be twice as safe if you substitute something for the organic butter as well as using vanilla beans instead of the extract. And folks, this is strictly for anyone who is at or almost at the point where you’re ready to add a new food item to your diet.

But let me ask a question of you and those among you who are no doubt more adapt at reconstructing recipes than I am. Would there be a problem with making two more cupcakes from the recipe than what is called for? If you could do that, then you’d only have slightly over an ounce of white beans per cupcake, and a slightly smaller cupcake as well… Am I totally insane at suggesting such a thing? If so, then I’d go for it anyway. Just don’t devour the entire batch before the party gets started -and I’ll take about four over here on my desk, please.

Able

PS: Hate saying it, but you’ll want to be on the lookout for reactions showing up, right?

should I volunteer to test all in the name of research. We know I get an instant response in the mouth so my wait time will be brief…Oh…to get to that point…just to have a bread product….it is the very little things in life that I now am keenly aware of 🙂

Able900
    Spectator

Jackie2 wrote: should I volunteer to test all in the name of research. We know I get an instant response in the mouth so my wait time will be brief…Oh…to get to that point…just to have a bread product….it is the very little things in life that I now am keenly aware of 🙂

Actually, that’s not a bad idea, Jackie ….. but no. Now stop drooling and go make a salad.

Abe

Jackie2
    Participant

Able900 wrote:

should I volunteer to test all in the name of research. We know I get an instant response in the mouth so my wait time will be brief…Oh…to get to that point…just to have a bread product….it is the very little things in life that I now am keenly aware of 🙂

Actually, that’s not a bad idea, Jackie ….. but no. Now stop drooling and go make a salad.

Abe

Thanks but I already ate my heaping bowl of sour kraut. Lunch a 1/2 a cucumber and greek yogurt. I’m living safe…at least I hope I am. But I can be persuaded to go to the dark side all in the name of research.

Able900
    Spectator

Thanks but I already ate my heaping bowl of sour kraut. Lunch a 1/2 a cucumber and greek yogurt. I’m living safe…at least I hope I am. But I can be persuaded to go to the dark side all in the name of research.

If you ask me, a cucumber with Greek yogurt IS the dark side.

Hy

Jackie2 wrote:

I guess that leaves it to me. It’s a hard job, but you know, I’m taking one for the team. {But not until I hit 12 weeks completed, so there is that little gap of time … I’m going in next weekend.]

Able, if I could guarantee they’d make it in one piece to you, I’d so ship you four for your desk. And also, I’m using ghee for the frosting. 🙂 We’ll see how that goes. Thanks for being the voice of wisdom again!

jillhc
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Able900 wrote: Lo and behold, a cupcake, with white beans! Who woulda thunk it.

Able

What’s wrong with organic butter? I’m sure that I read that it was on the “legal” list of foods.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Yay or Nay for this no grain cupcake recipe?’ is closed to new replies.