Would that work? A personal Candida test.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Would that work? A personal Candida test.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Hi guys,

As you know I am struggling to figure out where my symptoms are coming from and if
    I have candida or not.

This question I consider crucial for my healing. If one has a candida infestation one really has to drive hard with the diet to get the amount of fungus down and kill the rest with antifungals. After that when the inflammations and irritations are down the guts can heal.

But should it be the case that I am food sensitive a candida diet will not help me as I might eat all the time irritating substances. Like garlic, onions, coconut oil or avocados. In principle one can be reacting to any kind of food and in this context it is paramount to find out which ones are the culprits.

A candida diet than might even be a unnecessary thing taking out too many good nutritions like fruits.

Now the question:

I was thinking if I would do a water fast for one week or 10 days. I should calm down with all reactive behaviour of my body to food.

Am I right?

If I then would not have sympthoms the culprit of my suffering is the food I eat and not a candida.

But if I would have die-off, suffering all the time. I should have Candida as the die-off will really kick in when the candida doesn’t get food and starts dying? In a test like this I should not take Molybedenum so I really can read the signs.

Able, do I have a thinking mistake here? The only one I can see is that I have Candida & food sensitivities do to a leaky gut. But one thing I will know for sure that is if I have candida or not.

What do you think guys?

cheers
    Thomas

Himawari
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 65

I was personally wondering the same thing myself (I’m glad the candida diet has alleviated my symptoms so much, but before moving forward, I’d like to know if it is in fact candida causing my problems and not some other food/additive sensitivity). However the thought process I had was to eat something that is a complete no-no if you have a candida overgrowth, but would be highly unlikely to provoke a reaction otherwise.

There are two problems with this line of thought, as far as I can tell. The first is that virtually everything will provoke a reaction in somebody, and who knows, that somebody could be me. The second is that when you suddenly change your eating habits, your body is bound to react. I’ve heard of bad reactions from switching to a low-carb diet, or from a raw diet to a cooked one, or vegetarians who accidentally eat beef broth soup and get sick. That sort of thing. I know for certain other species experience this. Anyone who has cats (especially older cats or breeds with sensitive stomachs) knows not to suddenly switch cat food brands, or risk some very messy consequences.

So while a water fast has the benefit that you cannot (within reason) react to clean water, it is a very sudden dietary change, and I imagine that in itself might spark a reaction of some type.

I’m very interested to hear what everyone else thinks. How have others with not-so-obvious symptoms (e.g. no thrush, no vaginal yeast infection, etc.) determined that candida was in fact the culprit, and not something else?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Thomas wrote: I was thinking if I would do a water fast for one week or 10 days. I should calm down with all reactive behaviour of my body to food.

Am I right?

If I then would not have sympthoms the culprit of my suffering is the food I eat and not a candida.

But if I would have die-off, suffering all the time. I should have Candida as the die-off will really kick in when the candida doesn’t get food and starts dying? In a test like this I should not take Molybedenum so I really can read the signs.

Able, do I have a thinking mistake here?

Thomas, you just may have a good idea there. All I would ask is that you make certain that your health is at the proper state to warrant going through a week-long water fast. For example, take into account that you could easily lose as much as ten pounds in one week with this fast.

Able

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Able900 wrote:

I was thinking if I would do a water fast for one week or 10 days. I should calm down with all reactive behaviour of my body to food.

Am I right?

Able, do I have a thinking mistake here?

Thomas, you just may have a good idea there. All I would ask is that you make certain that your health is at the proper state to warrant going through a week-long water fast. For example, take into account that you could easily lose as much as ten pounds in one week with this fast.

Able

I am 186 cm in hight and 75,5 kg now. 49 years old male. No heavy worker.
    Maybe I try to fatten up a bit.

What you thing?

cheers
    Thomas

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Would that work? A personal Candida test.’ is closed to new replies.