Would one day cleanse per week be beneficial to my treatment?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Would one day cleanse per week be beneficial to my treatment?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  orka1998 7 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Last week I had to do a colonoscopy and had to prepare for it, clean the colon the day before. It consists of taking three doses of laxative, 30g of bitter salt, a liter of mineral water, two liters of chamomile tea, clear soup and no solid foods until next day. Besides spending some time in the bathroom (well i caught up on reading my book, that’s all I’m going to say about that), I felt great after doing this. Also, I realized that I could do it, I was worried before that I couldn’t make it because of the busy schedule and needed strength daily.

Now my question is following: even though this protocol calls for several days of cleansing, if I did this once per week on a weekend, would it help my progress? I don’t want to go through it if it is not beneficial, and I might be imagining the great feeling afterwards, human mind is very powerful 🙂

Comments welcome!

Arijana

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

I’m not an expert in this area but I assume the answer to that is no… you’re working so hard to build up the beneficial bacteria in your gut and colon, why would you want to flush it out again? (non scientific response there!)

When I started the cleanse last Oct I did a week taking a detox powder given to me by my natural doctor… and I did a lot of reading that week too! But it was great… I felt I had had a complete clear out, I ate only fresh & steamed veg for the week and drank mugs & mugs of hot lemon water. I’m not sure why Able et al don’t recommend this (not that they disagreed with it when I did it) it’s just not on in the protocol. I felt it kick started things for me…

orka1998
    Participant

Lucylu wrote: I’m not an expert in this area but I assume the answer to that is no… you’re working so hard to build up the beneficial bacteria in your gut and colon, why would you want to flush it out again? (non scientific response there!)

When I started the cleanse last Oct I did a week taking a detox powder given to me by my natural doctor… and I did a lot of reading that week too! But it was great… I felt I had had a complete clear out, I ate only fresh & steamed veg for the week and drank mugs & mugs of hot lemon water. I’m not sure why Able et al don’t recommend this (not that they disagreed with it when I did it) it’s just on in the protocol. I felt it kick started things for me…

Hi Lucilu,

I didn’t realize that it gets the good bacteria out! I thought it just gets rid of fecal material. My bad! I guess the answer is no then 🙂

Thank you for your response!

Arijana

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

As I say, I don’t know the science behind it but I think it’s been discussed on here before and that was the conclusion.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I believe the cleanse is only meant to be done once and not over and over again. The diet in general is a cleansing diet.

-raster

orka1998
    Participant

raster wrote: I believe the cleanse is only meant to be done once and not over and over again. The diet in general is a cleansing diet.

-raster

Thanks raster! I am glad I asked. Seemed like a good idea at the moment, but now I see how silly it is. Sorry! I guess I should have given it more thought before asking. Blonde moment there was 🙂

Arijana

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Would one day cleanse per week be beneficial to my treatment?’ is closed to new replies.