would love some advice

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions would love some advice

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

cali
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 8

Hi, I am new here and would love some input from those of you who have been dealing with this for a long time.

I started on a different version of a Candida Diet about two months ago. It is similar to this one only I still drink a cup of black coffee daily, eat some red meat, brown rice cakes, unsweetened cranberry juice, and 1 glass of red wine/week. My questions are:

1. If I stay on this version of the diet will I eventually get rid of the Candida, though it may take longer than on the stricter diet. I am looking at it as a lifestyle change rather than a diet.

2. If I must do the diet on the forum to get rid of the yeast should I start with the cleanse or go to the next stage since I’ve already been sugar, gluten, dairy free for 2 months?

3. Right now I am taking oregano oil 2x/day, aloe vera, unsweetened cranberry juice, eating lots of coconut oil, taking a probiotic, and drinking kefir. Is there anything else I should do?

Thanks so much for your suggestions!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

cali wrote: I started on a different version of a Candida Diet about two months ago. It is similar to this one only I still drink a cup of black coffee daily, eat some red meat, brown rice cakes, unsweetened cranberry juice, and 1 glass of red wine/week. My questions are:

If I stay on this version of the diet will I eventually get rid of the Candida..

Extremely doubtful, ‘extremely.’ In fact, I can’t imagine how it would be possible.

If I must do the diet on the forum to get rid of the yeast should I start with the cleanse or go to the next stage since I’ve already been sugar, gluten, dairy free for 2 months?

Start with the diet on the post below, you can skip the cleanse.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1136_ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx
    (I don’t know if you were speaking of the diet on the website or the one on the forum, this is why I’m posting the link as it’s the one that the forum members use and the one they’re speaking of on the forum.)

Right now I am taking oregano oil 2x/day, aloe vera, unsweetened cranberry juice, eating lots of coconut oil, taking a probiotic, and drinking kefir. Is there anything else I should do?

What you can do for real results is follow our protocol.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Which probiotic are you taking?

Your questions are welcomed and will always be answered by one of the experts.

Able

wishnhope
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 80

Hi Able,
    Can I ask if you are a forum administrator on here? I’m just wondering if it’s possible to sticky the threads (i.e. protocol, allowed foods) at the top of this page so that you guys don’t have to bump them to keep them visible?
    Forgive me if this has been asked before.
    Thanks!
    -wnh

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

1) Out of all of the things you mentioned, I find that it will be difficult if not impossible to heal yourself doing the diet you mentioned.

black coffee: drains adrenal glands and contains molds.
    red meat: causes too much ammonia production creating a beneficial environment for candida to grow.
    brown rice cakes: OK for stage 2 but feeds candida some.
    cranberry juice: good for detox but feeds candida with sugar.
    red wine: feeds the candida and is a poison.

2) The cleanse is optional.

2) Gluten free, dairy free, and sugar free isn’t good enough.

3)There is a lot more you can do as far as supplements but this is a good start.

-raster

cali

Thanks for your replies. I was afraid you were going to say that about the diet! 🙂 I think I’m up for the challenge though.

I am taking a probiotic that my Natropath sells out of his office (his own brand). The bottle says 25 billion CFU’s multi- species probiotic supplement. I am almost out of it, so maybe I will try one of the brands you suggested.

Also, I have taken oregano oil for two months and am wondering if I should switch to a different antifungel or stick with what I am doing. What do you think?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

cali wrote: Also, I have taken oregano oil for two months and am wondering if I should switch to a different antifungel or stick with what I am doing. What do you think?

If you’re not taking coconut oil, I would definitely start that. If you’re already using it in your diet, you could switch the oregano oil with grapefruit seed extract in liquid form.

Able

cali

Thanks for the feedback. I did buy some grapefruit seed extract as well as the bitters, molybdenum, milk thistle, the probiotic you suggested, and some more coconut oil. Wow, talk about expensive. A small price to pay for getting well I suppose. The question I have now is when to take all of these. Can I take everything except for the probiotics and antifungals together? Also, do I take several doses of the probiotics and antifungals or just one big dose daily. Which supplements need to be taken on an empty stomach and which do not? I just need some sort of schedule for taking all these pills!

Also, I am deficient in iron, vit B, & vit D so I have been taking a multivitamin given to me by my natropath to correct that. Did I read correctly that I shouldn’t be taking this anymore? And that taking iron feeds yeast?

Lastly, are there any sugar-free gums out there that are safe for this diet? Chewing gum has always been a way to keep my mouth busy and not watering for sweets so I was bummed to read that some sugar-free gums have alcohols in them.

So many questions! Thanks for any input you may have.

cali

Just remembered one more thing. I take armour thyroid in the morning and have to wait an hour before eating. Does anyone know if taking a probiotic, or even drinking the lemon water at the same time as the thyroid meds will have any ill effect? Or is that a question for my doctor? Thanks!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Ask your doctor about it…you could just take the probiotic at a different time if you wanted, its up to you.

The lemon water, since its natural, shouldn’t be harmful in any manner.

-raster

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘would love some advice’ is closed to new replies.