Worried about weight loss

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Worried about weight loss

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Sherie
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Hi all,

Firstly I would like to say thank you to what seems like a very helpful community.

I have a query if anyone out there can help me with, being a newbie I am very concerned about the detox followed by the cleanse to be rid of candida. My worry is I am very thin naturally, 5ft 8 and weigh 48 kilos (around 107 pounds) at 28 years of age and have a lot of trouble maintaining weight, being allergic to cow casein, wheat, eggs and gluten does not help. So in other words I don’t want to look like a skeleton though I am really keen to do the detox as I feel that the candida is possibly contributing to me being malnourished.

From what I understand a detox like this will really strip off the weight, which is the last thing I want or need to do. I also play a competitve sport as well as work full time so I really need to keep my energy and calories up the best I can.

Are there any alternatives or perhaps another path I can venture down to substitute the detox with?

Many thanks!

Tuula
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 10

Hi Sherie,

I know exactly what your are talking about! I lost 8 kg’s even though I was not overweight to start with. But I think it really wasn’t the detox that shed my kilos but more the candida diet, very strict, after detox. And I did not take digestive enzymes that would have been helpful for me, since I have just found out that I have Leaky Gut as well. So I did not really digest the foods I was eating and lost many nutrients because of that.

I’d suggest using digestive enzymes and eating a lot of protein with this diet. And I do feel so much better without the constant bloating, etc! I don’t really think it is an option if you have candida. It is something that needs to be taken care of and you’ll be so much healthier. Just keep track of your weight and maybe use some protein shakes to help – but keep clear of the ones with sweeteners!

Good luck and take care.
    Tuula

Sherie

Thank you so much Tuula,

In regards to protein powders I have found this one that looks relativly safe:

http://www.sunwarrior.com.au/

If you know if this is ok, or beneficial I would love to hear about it. As for digestive enzymes is there any specific brand or strain of enzymes that I should be looking at?

🙂

Tuula
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 10

Sherie,
    I also got some samples from Sunwarrior and they were ok. I would think their product is ok to use. I haven’t used it more than the samples. I’m curing the leaky gut first.

My naturopath gave me Orthoplex dig. enzymes called: D.E.F Digestive Enzyme Formula. It contains
    Pancreatin 200 mg equivalent to
    protease NLT 280 BP units
    lipase NLT 4000 BP units and
    amylase NLT 4800 BP units
    and Bromelains 100 mg and Trypsin 30 mg.
    I don’t know if this product can be obtained from shops or only practitioners.
    I’ve just started on it so I don’t know how well it works, but I am feeling good at the moment:)

Hope this helps!

Sherie

Any bit of advice is helpfull.

Thank you so much for writting that information. Im planning a trip to my nutritionist next week so I will be sure to mention that product.

Thanks again.

Sherie

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I take pro-gest digestive enzymes.

I would not touch that protein powder…it contains rice and cocoa. Rice contains starch and small amounts of sugar. This can feed the candida. It might be safe for phase 2 though.

-Raster

Sherie

Thank you Raster.

I will look into those enzymes as well.

Mnay thanks

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

To reduce the weight loss, try your best to have 3-4 course meals. Eat things like Kefir, eggs, coconut bread, pumpkin muffin bread, greek yogurt, buckwheat, black/red rice more regularly.

The candida diet will often get people down to their normal/healthy body weight for their age, height, sex, etc. I lost close to 20 pounds myself and am very skinny. However I have a feeling the weight loss has slowed dramatically for myself at this point. If you look at ancient egyptian art, there isn’t one “fat” egyptian depicted…its because obesity has only been around for a few thousand years.

-Raster

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Worried about weight loss’ is closed to new replies.