Worried about weight loss

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Worried about weight loss

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Patrick 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Patrick
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 3

I’m about to start the detox process but am worried about losing weight. I’m over six foot but and very slim and have a high metabolism. As the candida diet excludes most carbs, can anyone recommend foods that could actually help me gain weight ? I’m also in two minds about apple cider vinegar, it seems to work for some people but not others. I have a leaky gut and really don’t want to run the risk of inflaming it.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Patrick wrote: I’m about to start the detox process but am worried about losing weight. I’m over six foot but and very slim and have a high metabolism. As the candida diet excludes most carbs, can anyone recommend foods that could actually help me gain weight ? I’m also in two minds about apple cider vinegar, it seems to work for some people but not others. I have a leaky gut and really don’t want to run the risk of inflaming it.

Hello, Patrick.
    Weight loss seems to be the biggest problem for most members when they’re on the cleanse, diet and protocol, and one can lose an amazing amount of weight in the first few months especially. Since you already consider yourself to be rather ‘slim’ I would advise you to completely skip the cleanse and go straight to the cleanse. Many people do this including both Raster and myself, and you can trust that it will not stop you from curing your infestation if you do as you should throughout your treatment.

Below are two important posts you should read before starting anything at all.
    Weight Loss – how can I stop it?

Bread Recipes

Able

dforbreakfast
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 39

I’m actually having the opposite problem. I’m 29, 5’5″, 144 pounds. I didn’t go on this diet for weight loss, but I was rather hoping it would finally help me shed 20 pounds or so. I run 3 miles, 3 times a week. I’m vegetarian, have been on this diet for almost 3 months now.. and only lost about 5 pounds. I don’t understand.

I’m doing the super strict diet.. Nothing but greens, non-starchy vegetables, olive oil, coconut oil, some oat bran and coconut flour when I bake.. avocados, eggs and hemp seeds. That’s it. How is the weight not coming off?

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

Personally I believe the diet to be healthy, its moderate in protein (albeit a bit limited on options), and high in good fats. Eating most of your carbs from vegetables is healthy, as a generalisation people massively over estimate the amount of carbs they require, especially the ones whose jobs are desk based & drive or get driven to work.

Patrick
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 3

Able , much appreciated advice, I’m assuming you meant to say skip the cleanse and go straight to the diet….? Patrick

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Worried about weight loss’ is closed to new replies.