Worried about antifungal die off? Not sure…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Worried about antifungal die off? Not sure…

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

BozWhiteTiger
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 12

I’m really hoping someone can advise on this as I’m really scared, uncertain of wether I overdid it or if I’m even doing the right thing.

I posted back in July about suspected candida, and what I was trying then, I haven’t been tested but exhibit all the symptoms primarily gastro symptoms are the most concerning and debilitating right now.

I gave some suggestions given to me a shot, with not much relief unfortunately, so I was still feeling I have candida.

Still adhering to a good diet, I’ve begun to try grapefruit seed extract, caprylic acid, and a garlic and cayenne pepper mix.

I’ve noticed the biggest reaction to the GSE I think, heavy head/dizziness, increased stomach upset that will last nearly all day, cramping and sourness and just a plain raw feeling at times. Also I feel like I have a really bad cold as I have the kind of body aches I associate with that.

Now, after awhile I start to feel a lot better but the moment I take one of the antifungals it starts again and it’s very debilitating. I’ve been dong this for about a week and a half and I feel I shouldn’t keep getting these reactions as they’re very worrisome and frightening at times.

Am I having die off or is it a bad reaction? I feel I’m running out of options and just making my situation worse, I’m afraid I’m permanently damaging my insides, I’m so anxious and stressed..

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated, thank you

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It sounds like you are overdoing things with antifungals and you don’t have a detox plan. The detox plan is very important:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9434_Die-off-remedies-post–will-edit-more-in-time.aspx
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst8180_Doing-too-much-too-fast.aspx

I would start with low doses of antifungals and work your way up after you create a detox plan.

-raster

BozWhiteTiger
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 12

All right, Thank you again, I initially was trying to be conscious about doing too much, as I’ve made that mistake so often. I just ended up taking a lot all at once

My only other concern is, and I tried to see if I couldn’t find anything mentioned about this in older/linked posts, but I didn’t see it or maybe read over it.

Dealing with constipation/cramping, I go but don’t eliminate very much/thin stools 3x in the morning still and I wonder what I can do to ensure everything moves along properly so toxins don’t get lodged up in my colon, else killing them off is pointless. I’ve been eating properly, least I feel I have, I don’t each much in mornings however as this is usually when i feel the worse because of gas and what I guess is stool stagnating in the colon.

I’ve tried fiber supplements, but read they can ferment and feed the candida so stopped, I tried a herbal laxative from holistic horizons, ingredients ‘Special premium grade psyllium husks, inulin, dandelion root, spirulina, cloves, d-calcium pantothenate.’, my only concern is the Inulin as, once again I’ve come across someone saying that can feed the candida too. I’d still like to use this but am just wondering if it’s safe I need to get back to coconut oil, I ran out, i feel this -may- have helped, I had a decent week on it. Desperately I tried Linzeess…that got things moving too much for hours, don’t want to indulge anymore medications if I can help it.

So I just want to ensure everything moves properly, I’ve looked, and looked, and looked and there’s so little info on this kind of constipation, I’m going to scream if I have to read ‘take more fiber, drink more water’ one more time, I drink water by the gallon i know I’m not dehydrated.

My only other concern is ensuring the liver is clean, and, hopefully that’s covered in the links, I have been taking milk thistle to aid it but I don’t feel it’s enough. also been drinking pau -d’arco tea with fresh ginger, not sure if that detoxes or just give me more die off issues.

so I’ll try to figure out a plan based on the info, I just want to get better so badly I keep overlooking steps, but once again thank you for linking me.

****also, the link mentions a cleanse, I’d like to go that route, is there another link that leads to the directions for that? I imagine it’s on here somewhere I just want to make sure I get the right one.****

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Antifungals should improve cosntipation and cause you to go. Coconut oil is an antifungal and it works great for me. Minerals help you go to such as calcium, magnesium, zinc, selenium, iodine, etc.

Liver cleansing herbs work too because the liver is an important organ for digestion. There are also some liver cleansing herbs that work on the pancreas, galbladder, and spleen and getting these organs stimulated.

Certain foods promote digestion.

Anti-inflammatory foods and supplements promote digestion too.

If you have gas problems you likely are deficient in stomach acid:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6027_Hydro-chloric-Acid-and-Health–written-by-Dr–McCoombs.aspx

When your body doesn’t produce enough stomach acid, your body has trouble breaking down the food you eat which causes undigested food to reach your intestines. When this occurs you can get gas because the food then is fermenting in the gut.

I would be worried about liver health and it likely was compromised before you started doing this. Most of the stuff that helps your liver is also antifungal which should cause die-off.

-raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Worried about antifungal die off? Not sure…’ is closed to new replies.