Working out / Getting Sick

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Working out / Getting Sick

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Nia 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

tylersmall
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 2

Hey all,

I started the candida diet a few months ago, and I recently began lifting weights for 20 minutes at the gym several times a week. I have been making sure to keep it light, but also playing soccer which has been really draining. I know I’m not suppose to be playing, but I thought I could handle it.

Before I started the diet, despite having candida overgrowth, I could handle playing soccer and working out hard. It doesn’t make sense that being on the diet would cause easier adrenal fatigue / sickness. Could it though? I want to make sure I’m not doing something wrong because it seems like the diet would make this stuff better, not worse.

Thanks!

Nia
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 46

Once your immune system has been compromised, it’s like how america was after 9/11. Your body is on defcon 5 saving its energy to fight off infections and keep you alive. So yeas with your body having to run thousands of metabolic processes, digestion, and keeping you alive. It’s gonna take a toll on you. I suggest sitting out until you can and you will in time. Your body is tired do as it asks and rest so you can get better. Stop worrying about things that will be there when your health is back. I made that mistake and pushed too hard my body pushed back with adrenal fatigue the kind you have to take hydrocortisone for. So before you get there take a holiday. Go hiking, take walks, do other things to keep you moving but will relax you. Your system is already ramped up. You gotta chill homie xoxoxo hope ya feel better soon.

tylerjsmall
    Participant
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 4

This makes sense. I guess my point was that I am unsure if the diet has made my adrenal glands worse, because I wasn’t noticing this easy feeling of getting drained before the diet started.

Nia
    Participant

Not unless your on low fat, processed diet.

When did your start your diet and how?

I know a few years back before I started cleaning up my life because I had some serious adema confused for carpal tunnel in my hands and arms an inability to lose weight along with energy issues. So I decided to do a cleanse one day. I didn’t really inform myself then and ruin my digestion for a bit drinking nothing but smoothies for a month. Point is that the diet has to be incorporated slowly so that the body can adapt.

Anything and everything we do these days induce a stress response. Sadly as advanced as we are our bodies have not nor will ever catch up to the fast paced I want it right now lifestyle at this moment.

The body needs things done in baby steps. So unless you changed your whole diet overnight without a detox, and introduction phase. That’s a big hard no on the diet inducing a stress response.

Another avenue to consider if no, are food intolerances are a huge stressor. Not switching up foods can do that as well. If we eat the same things all the time our bodies build antibodies towards it and they usually go away after 30 days unless you’ve got a leaky gut it will take longer.

Stick to your diet work out less if you still feel blah, check your diet for discrepancies.

tylerjsmall
    Participant
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 4

I incorporated very slowly. Plus even if I didn’t, I started the diet 100% strict over 3 months ago and haven’t experienced these symptoms until now. Some interesting symptoms to note:

– both kidney / right abdominal pain
    – ear ache
    – head ache
    – dizziness
    – mood swings
    – Fatigue (12 hours of sleep to feel fully rested)

This has all started since I started working out (lightly plus the soccer once a week). Haven’t changed my diet so I don’t think food intolerances are the issue, and I switch my diet somewhat often. Here’s what I’m thinking

I eat very little carbs. Not enough vegetables, probably under 50 grams per day. This is very similar to the keto diet. They say when you don’t eat carbs, the body gets it from fat in the body; however, the more energy you burn the more carbs you need. I recently started working out, plus I’ve lost all the fat possible on my body. They say you’re only suppose to do the keto diet short term, especially if you’re super skinny.

Anyways, I’m going to get some tests done tomorrow because either way I need to figure out why I feel this way. It’s been almost a week. I will let you know the results, especially considering that many people on this diet eat very few carbs.

I appreciate the help,
    Tyler

Nia
    Participant

Well I gave ya my opinion on the matter. Hope you figure it out and you get well. XOXOXO

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.