With or Without Nystatin?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions With or Without Nystatin?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Peyt 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Peyt
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 51

Hi Guys,
    First of all, thanks for this web site. It has given me some good insight. I had a stool test done “ProfileGI Effects 2100” by Metametrix(Genova) a couple of weeks ago, and a part of the test shows the level of candida. My level is +4 (It’s 1-4 with 4 being highest)

Unfortunaly, my Dr. is a nutritionist so she can not give me Nystatin. I went to see a MD but off course they want to waste my time/money by sending me to Colonoscopy (Keep in mind I have already done 2 colonoscopies which showed nothing!) so I basically paid the office visit and ran out of his office!

My nutritionist has given me a product called SF722 which I started 3 days ago… so far I have not had much die off (taking it 2 x 3 times a day) … the only thing is it has given me loose stool……..
    I have also started taking 1 tea spoon of baking soda since 3 days ago…. again not much die off besides a little bloating and loose stool…

My questions:
    1. do you think supplements could be effective like Nystatin, or should I put my efforts in finding an MD that will write me a prescription for Nystatin?

2. Can Saccromyces Bolurdii (which is another supplement my nutritionist recommended, but not for candida she recommended it for balancing the rest of the bacteria) interfere with killing the candida?? I had heard that S.B is a yeast itself and should not be taken while trying to kill candida…. my nutritionist was not sure on that….

I would really appreciate your feedback,
    Thanks
    Peyt

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Nystatin and antifungal meds are usually given with short term prescriptions that last a few weeks or less. Its quite difficult to get a long term prescription that will make a serious dent in the yeast.

Natural antifungals work quite well from my experience and are worth trying out in my opinion.

SF722 is the antifungal I recommend the most. Its quite powerful and look at all of the reviews online. Eventually you can work your way to a higher dose of it if you wanted. It doesn’t really cause much die-off since its a fatty acid.

Your nutritionist seems to know how to treat it somewhat. I’d consider consulting her to see whether she knows anyone else who can treat candida. Typically naturopaths can treat gut flora disorders and MD’s do not.

You also might make more headway if you state that you have a yeast overgrowth and don’t mention candida.

-raster

Peyt

Thank you Sue and Raster,
    I will be meeting with my nutritionist next Thursday, I think she mentioned
    she has an MD she works with, I will ask her,

Meanwhile I will continue with SF722
    Any thoughts on Baking soda early in the morning?

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

Peyt;49065 wrote: Thank you Sue and Raster,

I don’t see baking soda doing anything but hurting your levels of HCL stomach acid. A few weeks of Rx anti-fungals are useless, its going to take some time. At least 6 months. If you can’t get more then a few weeks you can buy Nystatin from certain canadian on-line pharmacies.

Peyt

Danny33;49067 wrote:

I don’t see baking soda doing anything but hurting your levels of HCL stomach acid. A few weeks of Rx anti-fungals are useless, its going to take some time. At least 6 months. If you can’t get more then a few weeks you can buy Nystatin from certain canadian on-line pharmacies.

I have never used Canadian Pharmacies, any recommendations?

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

Peyt;49074 wrote:

fludan.com is good from what I’ve heard from a few people.
    I haven’t used them myself so I can’t add anything other then what I’ve heard.
    There are other sites as well.

Peyt

Danny33;49075 wrote:

fludan.com is good from what I’ve heard from a few people.
    I haven’t used them myself so I can’t add anything other then what I’ve heard.
    There are other sites as well.

Thank you

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘With or Without Nystatin?’ is closed to new replies.