will chia seeds give me gas?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions will chia seeds give me gas?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  shayfo 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

nigol
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 8

i have a leaky gas problem, will they give me gas same as psylium husk and even flaxseed? Also my supermarket sells black chia and white chia, which one?

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

The forum’s cleanse protocol recommends chia seeds over psyllium husk, so I think they’re the safest bet. Since the seeds are hydrophilic, they absorb water into a coating around them, so they shouldn’t be able to scratch at your intestines, which is important if you have leaky gut. I’m not sure how gas-producing you’ll find them. If you do choose to use them to see if they work for you, make sure you drink a lot of water with them, as some people I know have reported constipation from using them. I think that is largely due to inadequate water intake.

As for black or white chia, I don’t think it makes any difference. I’d say buy the cheaper one, or maybe compare nutrient content on the packaging to see if one seems more beneficial.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘will chia seeds give me gas?’ is closed to new replies.