Why won't my CANDIDA go away…I am trying so hard!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Why won't my CANDIDA go away…I am trying so hard!

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ravingmad 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Gillian
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

Yes I am frustrated. I have been fighting a battle with Candida for years. I was able to get it under control when my second child was born and was able to nurse him for over a year. I am back on the “dreaded” diet because I was terribly tired of having yeast infections. Fast forward 5 weeks on a very limited/strict candida diet and cleanse (Innovite) and I still have a low-grade yeast infection. I have been following the diet as best as I am able (no yeast, sugar, carbs and very little meat) but the die-off symptoms seem to flare up weekly. Two days ago I suffered an extreme headache (worse than beginning of the program) and today I have a runny nose and itchy skin, and of course yeast infaction. I feel like I am back in my Candida fog.

As mentioned, I am following the Innovite Yeast Busters program and have noticed a very small increase in my energy level but overall I am still plagued by yeast infections and am feeling more depressed than ever (due in part to a lack of success on the diet). I really want to feel better!!

My questions:
    1. I have started taking Oil of Oregano pills two times a day and they seem to have wreaked havoc on my system. Any suggestions?
    2. Every time I think I am eating a “yes” food I read more on the internet and am discouraged for having eaten it (ie. carrots) Is there a day-by-day diet that exists anywhere? I feel I am very knowledgable about what I can eat but I am finding contradictory information on the web.
    3. Is coffee going to erase all that I have done to date? I am still craving coffee like crazy. Just one cup…???
    4. The program calls for distilled water. I have been drinking tap water as I felt I have to draw the line somewhere for what I am logically able to do. Is this setting me back?

Does anyone have any advice??

Much appreciated,
    Gillian

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Do you have a detox plan?

Here is my diet food list:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9282_Raster-s-safe-food-list.aspx

You likely won’t get better very quickly with coffee consumption because it is inflammatory and because it creates an environment that benefits the yeast (acidic pH). It also drains your adrenals which then drains your thyroid which is the most important part of your immune system.

I recommend getting strict with the diet and consulting a naturopath who has treated yeast overgrowth (aka CRC candida related complex) for 20-30 years. You likely would benefit from a holistic approach that addresses healing multiple organs at the same time. Also, do you have a positive diagnosis for yeast overgrowth?

For instance, if your thyroid isn’t working optimally (very possibly) then there goes your immune system basically. It might be difficult or impossible to heal if your thyroid health is compromised and you are deficient in iodine. Additionally, if you don’t detox properly, then this will damage your liver which will have to be healed seperately. If you were to address all of these organs at the same time spending hundreds of dollars per month, you likely will get better way faster. For instance, one week with a new plan that is tailored to your health problems might be the same as 1-2 months doing it yourself.

I recommend checking out this post here:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm52184_Alternative-methods-to-get-better-if-you-reach-a-dead-end-in-your-treatmen-raster-s-perspective.aspx#post52184

As far as water quality is concerned, if your city fluoridates, then I wouldn’t drink tap water. Fluoride replaces iodine within your body because it is higher in the periodic table of elements.

-raster

Gillian

Do you have a a detox plan?

No – do you have recommendations?

For instance, if your thyroid isn’t working optimally (very possibly) then there goes your immune system basically.

I have seen a naturopath for this. I thought it was fixed. I am trying to solve on my own as I do not have the $$ to see a naturopath again. Any advice is much appreciated!!

raster
    Participant

Here is my die-off post:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9434_Die-off-remedies-post–will-edit-more-in-time.aspx

If you are eating things like potatoes, rice, corn, carrots, tomatoes, rye, beef, pork, etc. this all could be benefitting the yeast and so they are not on my food list.

I would focus on detoxing since you aren’t doing…

-raster

Lukey
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 67

raster;57882 wrote:

If you are eating things like potatoes, rice, corn, carrots, tomatoes, rye, beef, pork, etc. this all could be benefitting the yeast and so they are not on my food list.

-raster

Hi Raster,

Are you saying that eating grass fed ground beef for a blood type O is not a good thing? I digest it very well but I don’t eat it too often due to it’s Heme iron content.

raster
    Participant

Lukey;57961 wrote:

-raster

Hi Raster,

Are you saying that eating grass fed ground beef for a blood type O is not a good thing? I digest it very well but I don’t eat it too often due to it’s Heme iron content.

Beef and pork take 2 days to digest which promotes constipation. Chicken and fish takes hours to digest in comparision. So the beef is sitting in your gut for 2 days before you crap and I don’t think that is beneficial to your digestive health.

-raster

Gillian

This is very helpful. Why no tomatoes though? Does it have to do with acidity?

I cannot understand why my low-grade yeast infection simply will not go away. I have been on the program for 6 weeks now and have a moderate increase in energy. I have been following the program 99% – I messed up with tomatoes and carrots and tried a small hamburger without the bun at a party (mistake). I have taken your advice to remove the toxins (lots more water and saunas) but still no improvement. Are there other things I can take?

raster
    Participant

Gillian;57970 wrote: This is very helpful. Why no tomatoes though? Does it have to do with acidity?

I cannot understand why my low-grade yeast infection simply will not go away. I have been on the program for 6 weeks now and have a moderate increase in energy. I have been following the program 99% – I messed up with tomatoes and carrots and tried a small hamburger without the bun at a party (mistake). I have taken your advice to remove the toxins (lots more water and saunas) but still no improvement. Are there other things I can take?

Of course there are. The most important thing is the probiotics you consume imho. I recommend trying out human derived probiotics. There is a good canadian brand that makes it there and I can try to look it up if you wanted, but I recommend human derived strains.

Certain antifungals work well too.

Fatty acids work very well.

If your thyroid is messsed up any treatment might not work.

-raster

Gillian

I have been advised by a naturopath my thyroid is messed up. Tried to fix…thought it was fixed…now cannot afford to return to naturopath. Perhaps I need to do some research myself.

Thanks again for your help!
    Gillian

raster
    Participant

There are a variety of supplements out there and I don’t want to suggest any specific ones because you basically need to tailor what supplements you get for your specific symptoms and health problems. For instance, if you have bad die-off then you need a detox plan and need to take liver cleansing herbs. If you react to foods you should take anti-inflammatory supplements. If the yeast isn’t dying then I would try out fatty acids such as SF722. If you have achy joints then you likely have mineral deficiencies. If you have brain fog you should take fatty acids that help heal your brain like flax oil. I can go on and on.

-raster

Gillian

Yikes. How did you figure it all out?

raster
    Participant

Well there is a whole alternative health system out there where they create supplements to treat various digestive and health problems. If you were to check out the brands integrative thereaputics, standard process, thorne, pure encapsulations, genestra/seroyal, etc. these are the high quality brands that naturopaths borrow from when they treat patients with various health problem. These naturopaths typically have experimented and tried out various treatments with various combinations and become quite familiar with what works best and how to best prescribe them for various health problems.

This is why I don’t want to create a treatment plan for anyone because I don’t have this experience and don’t know what I am doing. For instance, I could suggest a variety of digestive health supplements but for some people it makes them worse and they might have bad reactions. Or they just don’t work because this person doesn’t have a need for this remedy or supplement.

If I were to create a treatment plan, I would focus on diet, and detoxing to start out…and then you start adding in stuff as you progress. But everyone is going to be different because when they think they are ill with yeast, its typically a multi-faceted (multi-dimensional) health problem that surpasses just yeast by itself. For instance there are typically a variety of co-infections that a lot of people have when they have digestive problems such as problems with parasites, viruses, microbes…or digestive problems such as dysbiosis, not absorbing nutrients, etc. or various organs that aren’t working properly such as galbladder, liver, kidneys, pancreas…I can go on and on. I’m just trying to get you see the big picture and how there isn’t a one single way for everyone to get better.

-raster

ravingmad
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

If there are problems with red meats and thyroid is off, then maybe HCL can be part of the problem. There;s another post somewhere here I think about HCL and how it affect the body.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Why won't my CANDIDA go away…I am trying so hard!’ is closed to new replies.