why wait till Phase 2 for antifungals?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions why wait till Phase 2 for antifungals?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Be the Change 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

amandapage
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 0

Hello,
    I am new to this forum and to Candida in general. After 18 years of suffering from stomach bloat/discomfort, headaches, oral thrush, dry eyes, and insomnia, I am so glad to know the cause may be Candida, since I may finally be able to get some relief by treating it. I am on day 7 of Phase one, though I did not do the optional detox cleanse. I am eating only the foods recommended on the candida diet. So far, my stomach is feeling a lot better.

One thing I want to know is why it is recommended to start antifungals in stage 2? Is there a reason why we can’t start earlier?
    I found a product called “Candida Cleanse” at Whole Foods, and I’ve started taking it already. It contains:

Targeted Immune support:Biotin, Black Walnut , Berberine Sulfate (from Indian barberry), Pau d’Arco (inner bark), Garlic Extract,
    Grapefruit seed extract

Probiotic digestive blend:Ginger, Cinnamon bark, Gentian rood, Fennel seed, Lactobacillus sporogenes, Protease, Lipase, Cellulase,

Herbal extracts:Bladderwack, Stinging Nettle tops, Marshmallow Root, Organic Spirulina

Is it ok to take this product during phase 1?

Thanks for your help!

skyblue
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 16

Hi, Amanda.
    The reason you should wait until phase 2 for the anti-fungal is the die-off symptoms you will experience when you’ve been on the diet for a while. If you go on the diet, and start the anti-fungal at the same time, the intensity of the die-off symptoms would likely double at the very least. Have you already experienced a full period of the die-off?

As far as the items you named being used in phase 1 are concerned:
    I took the Organic Spirulina during my phase 1, but not too much. I did have pretty bad die-off symptoms, but it was definitely tolerable, and I was actually glad to experience it because I knew what it was doing to my system. As far as the other items you’re using, I would judge that by my own reactions. If the die-off is too severe and you don’t want to experience that level of die-off, you might consider cutting back on them. That is, unless someone else has more experience with the supplements and has different information about them.

Happy dieting.
    Skyblue

Be the Change
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Hello,

I am new to this website and I’m very excited to be around great people who can inspire each other going thru this rough process but we all can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I found out I had Candida from my Holistic Dr just last week. He had me take the anti-fungal pills right away and a specific probiotic. I haven’t had any really bad spells yet, but I agree with Skyblue if you notice it’s getting to be too much for you to handle maybe cut it back or wait till phase 2. I’m not sure what the right answer is maybe it’s kinda like when dr’s prescribe meds it affects everyone differently and maybe some have it worse than others. I think if you just listen to your body it will let you know what to do and what to cut back on. Good luck!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘why wait till Phase 2 for antifungals?’ is closed to new replies.