Why Sugar worse than complex-carbs? (why speed matters?)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Why Sugar worse than complex-carbs? (why speed matters?)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Caveman_Mike
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

1oz OF TABLE SUGAR AS 28g OF CARBS (ALL SUGAR).

4.5oz OF BAKED POTATO HAS 28g OF CARBS (22g STARCH, 2g SUGAR, 2g FIBER).

WHAT’S WORSE FROM A CANDIDA PERSPECTIVE?

I know that 1oz of sugar will raise your blood sugar faster than the complex carbs, but I’m not diabetic, so why does that matter?

Is Candida not patient enough to wait for the complex carb to be digested into sugar?

I know from a diabetic perspective that 1oz of sugar is worse than 1oz of sugar with a steak because the protein and fat will slow the absorption. Is that at all relevant from a candida perspective?

Thanks for any explanation,
    -Mike

AngelaL
    Participant
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 55

I’m no expert Mike but I would guess that it doesn’t make a lot of difference from the candida’s POV but I am guessing that the first rule on most candida diets is to ban sugar in all forms it that sugar has no nutritional value and other harmful effects on our health such as tooth decay.

Caveman_Mike
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

Thanks for the reply Angela. Though I mentioned table sugar in my post, I was entertaining adding kefir which has lots of nutritional value, though it does have “sugar”.

It remains confusing if the “sugar” as reported on the label is so much worse than the starch which digests into sugar.

Hmm.

AngelaL
    Participant
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 55

Caveman_Mike;58332 wrote: Thanks for the reply Angela. Though I mentioned table sugar in my post, I was entertaining adding kefir which has lots of nutritional value, though it does have “sugar”.

It remains confusing if the “sugar” as reported on the label is so much worse than the starch which digests into sugar.

Hmm.

I don’t know about that, I make my own kefir (or rather my kefir grains do :)) so I don’t know how much sugar is in it (you can’t buy kefir where I live). I would guess that if you leave it long enough they will use all the sugar up. Anyway again I guess it’s a case of the benefit of the kefir outweighing the sugar disadvantage (though not according to Raster 🙁 ). Each to their own, I’ve haven’t been ill for a single day since I started drinking it. And I’m guessing the stuff you make yourself is better than the stuff you buy …

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

There is sugar in your diet if you like it or not so it comes down the amount of sugar you eat per day. You need sugar in your diet and you need carbs in your diet. A head of lettuce contains 3g of sugar, a red onion contains 4g of sugar, a small cup of blueberries contains 15g of sugar, etc. You cannot skip out on carbs either because you need carbs in your diet and its hard to avoid. This is why its a low carb and low sugar diet…

-raster

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Why Sugar worse than complex-carbs? (why speed matters?)’ is closed to new replies.