Why NOT Kefir and plain yogurt..

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Why NOT Kefir and plain yogurt..

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Lukey 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

I know about candida sufferers who really does a big sacrifice following an strict anticandida diet. However, they are consuming Kefir or plain yogurt. Plain yogurt is allowed and mentioned by candida books and many candida diets.

There is a problem with it, and the true is Kefir and yogurt set back many people or don’t allow them to progress.

Candida Albicans DON’T ferment Lactose, so Lactose isn’t the problem. The problem is plain yogurt and Kefir are loaded of Galactose. Lactose is broken down by metabolic enzymes converting it in Galactose and Glucose. This is a product of the fermentation and digestion of Lactose.

Milk bacterial fermentation to produce yogurt and kefir generate Galactose and Glucose. In fact, plain yogurt contains a lot of Galactose as well as home made Kefir.

And, Yes..!! Galactose is fermented by candida albicans. Candida Albicans growth in a Galactose medium. Glucose is also fuel to the fire.

Consuming plain yogurt and kefir you are feeding and promoting the overgrowth.

Jorge

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

Yes, I agree! I can’t tolerate plain yogurt. Kefir is evil! I have tried goat yogurt from time to time.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

I would like to add that I love Kefir and yogurt. I make Kefir at home to give it to my daughter and to consume myself. I have had days where I have drank 1 liter or more in a single day.

I am not against Kefir and yogurt. I am warning people about how Galactose feeds candida.
    Kefir has shown some antifungal activity against candida albicans “in vitro”. The LAB culture present in Kefir offer antagonism to candida albicans. Use common sense and don’t consume it at first. When you feel you are winning the battle, add it to your diet. There are people with a mild candida case who may consume plain yogurt and Kefir and still progress and eliminate the infection. The most severe cases should be more cautious.

I see Kefir as a great food addition after a successful journey against chronic intestinal candidiasis.

Jorge

ahux
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 8

What about water kefir? And why is yogurt on the “things to eat list” for phases 2 -5 ?

ravingmad
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

Fermented foods may be higher in histamine which promote more inflammation. Not sure about alcohol and sugar contents that may be present too.

Lukey
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 67

ahux;58001 wrote: What about water kefir? And why is yogurt on the “things to eat list” for phases 2 -5 ?

I recently drank home made water kefir for 4-6 weeks and finally realized it was doing me more harm than good.

Lukey
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 67

dvjorge;57681 wrote: I would like to add that I love Kefir and yogurt. I make Kefir at home to give it to my daughter and to consume myself. I have had days where I have drank 1 liter or more in a single day.

I am not against Kefir and yogurt. I am warning people about how Galactose feeds candida.
    Kefir has shown some antifungal activity against candida albicans “in vitro”. The LAB culture present in Kefir offer antagonism to candida albicans. Use common sense and don’t consume it at first. When you feel you are winning the battle, add it to your diet. There are people with a mild candida case who may consume plain yogurt and Kefir and still progress and eliminate the infection. The most severe cases should be more cautious.

I see Kefir as a great food addition after a successful journey against chronic intestinal candidiasis.

Jorge

What kind of yogurt are you referring to?

Does this also apply to “SCD 24 hour yogurt that is fermented for 24 hours to remove all the lactose?

If it applies, I’ll gladly quit it for now.
    I have a feeling SCD yogurt is a different story.

http://scdlifestyle.com/2010/08/scd-legal-yogurt-is-the-difference-maker-dont-eat-it-at-your-own-risk/

http://pecanbread.com/p/tanya/yoghurt_amount.html

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Why NOT Kefir and plain yogurt..’ is closed to new replies.